Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen people put out one of the ankle deep plastic pools from wal mart for their outside dogs during the summer. Is this a good idea? My two both love water and I'm sure would enjoy having it during the day when they are on their chain spots but just curious if anyone has had any bad experiences with this.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
My boys love their kiddie pool. Dosia actually loves sticking his head under and blowing bubbles lol :)

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
One thing to take into consideration with the pools is that they often time become toilets and chew toys to outside dogs. So they need to be cleaned out and refilled every other day or so. We love our Kiddie pools especially since we're out here in HOT florida.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well cleaning out and refilling is no problem. I'm just trying to come up with something to make them a little more comfortable because it is getting around 100 degrees everyday here. I'm just worried about it when I'm at work. Don't know what I'd do if anything was to happen to them.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Food for thought. I have heard of unsupervised dogs falling asleep and drowning in kiddie pools. Bear in mind this is not something I've seen personally and I don't know anyone it's happened to but I have been cautioned against leaving dogs alone with kiddie pools for any length of time. I have one for summer but I'm always out there with them when they're using it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts