Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone here are some pics of his ear crop..... They look real good!!! They are standing just fine so i dont think ill need to help them in anyway! :) But i had a few questions for owners who have gotten their dogs ears cropped. I know he is not suppose to scratch or itch them or mess with them. But as far as cleaning and keeping up with them until they are healed what do i do??? Do i clean them with peroxide to clean off all the blood and keep like neosporin on it??? im sooooo new at this! lol please help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Don't use peroxide! it can actually keep them from healing. You do not want to put anything on them and let them heal and dry up. If anything goes on them you can put Triple antibiotic ointment but really you want them to dry up. As the ears heal they will start to itch my suggestion is to get a soft e collar to keep them from scratching too much. You don't have to have one but I find it keeps them from pulling out the stitches. As they heal and start to itch the dogs will scratch at them and get their nails stuck and pull stitches out. That just makes the healing process longer. Not all dogs will itch that bad but in my experience in cropping over 20 dogs is most will. I put up a thread that gives info on cropping and tapping but also has some care info.

They look great!

http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/27844-taping-cropped-ears-general-info.html

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't use peroxide! it can actually keep them from healing. You do not want to put anything on them and let them heal and dry up. If anything goes on them you can put Triple antibiotic ointment but really you want them to dry up. As the ears heal they will start to itch my suggestion is to get a soft e collar to keep them from scratching too much. You don't have to have one but I find it keeps them from pulling out the stitches. As they heal and start to itch the dogs will scratch at them and get their nails stuck and pull stitches out. That just makes the healing process longer. Not all dogs will itch that bad but in my experience in cropping over 20 dogs is most will. I put up a thread that gives info on cropping and tapping but also has some care info.

They look great!

http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/27844-taping-cropped-ears-general-info.html
Thank You!!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Lookin good ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
What I did to is iff you don't have a flexible e collar is that you can cut a 12 inchish circle into some cardboard then cut a smaller hole (that will fit his head) into the middle... If that makes any sense lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I did to is iff you don't have a flexible e collar is that you can cut a 12 inchish circle into some cardboard then cut a smaller hole (that will fit his head) into the middle... If that makes any sense lol
lol thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts