Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
he's a pup wing :) dont worry about the weight pups can be nice and chunky as long as they are getting good exercise and play time :) very cute pup. also looks like a bully right? they are a bit bigger then the apbt's remember wing ?? lol BTW nice your back wing missed ya :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Cute pup, but from the pics it looks like he could lose a few lbs...like...5-10....just sayin ;)
I'd have to agree. Looks like he's having fun though. It shouldn't be too hard to shift some weight off him. Good pics!

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wing hes only six months and Im sure once he is full grown he will look fine he is running all day with the kids and summer is upon us so I suspect hell look fine . The wife and I are erecting a spring pole fore him.Oh and hes sire was 110lbs he was really big and his dame was around 80 or 90 lbs so Im guessing hes gonna be a big boy either way we love him hes perfect with our kids and our chihuahua a real great ambassador for the pitbull breed we are proud. Love your feed back keep an eye on us and tell us how were doing thanks wing for looking

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hi, Lopez. I think what Wingman was getting at was that your pup could do with a little more "tuck" near his back legs. The angle of the photos might be deceptive but it looks like his midsection doesn't taper back in. That's not an issue with a younger pup but at six months if he was my dog I'd want him slightly leaner.

Like you say, he is young and he's still developing. How are you feeding him, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Aus no I dont mind you asking he has sweet potatoes or regular potatoes with a boiled meat either steak or chicken broccoli carrots corn for breakfast dry food for Lunch and rice meat and veggies for dinner. We recently lost a dog to poisoning of a brand of dog food so we feel its safer to make our own too much pain for the kids and family. keep in mind its been a pretty hard winter so he hasnt gotten out as much as we would have liked but now hell be out way way more so I expect him to slim up a bit but broaden out .....I hope. Either way hes perfect for us he gets us and we get him we luff the big mush hes great with kids and other dogs and an overall pleasure to have in our family . we have been talking about switching to a raw diet but my wife for right now is totally against it but hey who knows we were also talking about blue buffalo but well see any suggestions AUS?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yeah I had forgotten that it's been winter for you guys and obviously he wouldn't have been running around as much as he might.

Sorry to hear about your loss, mate. I'd maybe cut some or all of his carbs at night. As an example, mine have meat (raw kangaroo or chicken mince) and veggies in the morning and meat only (usually roo) at night. Feeding three times is good as long as the portions aren't huge. Should keep his metabolism burning.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool Ill try the carb reduction but Im really hoping just activity will help solid him up. I appreciate everyone taking the time to give the feed back I can see how he looks chunky thanks Aus thanks wing keep watching so you can see the progress.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yep you might be right about the activity. It's easy to forget you guys are the opposite in weather to us down here.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
Thats a good looking "PUP" ... As angel said or asked earlier bully right? Especially with the sire and dam being those weights. APBT and Bullies differ in weight even as pups, I wouldn't worry about weight now as long as he is having regular excerise and not over doing it there either since he is still a growing pup so you want to be careful not to stress his bones and hurt his developement.

Since you are feeding him real food I'd skip lunch and put him on 2 meals a day ... I'd feed him by percentage to his body weight (I'll look that up in a bit for you).
If your not going to go raw ( RAW section on here is awesome lots of info ) which I prefer and feed mine raw then lets fix up your meals. You can use ground beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, veal, throw in some organ meats, muscle meats blend them up mix them into the ground meats.
Corn is useless so don't even bother feeding him that, add fish oil, plain yogurt least 7 active cultures, get him a good pup vitamin since your cooking out most of the vitamins and nutrient from the food which is why raw is so much better.
Portions are a big deal too so the right measurement for his meals should make a big difference with out drastically dropping his weight he is after all still a PUPPY .....

Hope this makes sense ...... hope you've visited out health section as well as the raw if not you should :)

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ duece wow thanks thats pretty helpful Ill check out the health section and well definately implement the organ meat and honestly im slapping my head hello Turkey !!!! thanks for the advice kind words and encouragement . oh and were not beating him up to hard as far as exercise my grand kids run around a park with him some pully work soon a spring pole and normal running in the back yard with our vicious chihuahua hehehe .

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Be careful about overdoing it with a young puppy. In the 2nd picture, his pasterns (the dog equivalent of a wrist) look horrible. You could be headed toward a hurt dog. Give him good nutrition and lots of time to mature.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Beautiful pup but a bit on the chubby side ;) Sounds like you are going to work on it though :) What are his bloodlines? Bloodlines will tell you if he is in fact a Bully or an APBT. Going by the parents weight and how big your pup is he is more American Bully. Are you not familiar with bullys? If not you should read up in the bully sections and see the differences. A true APBT weighs anywhere from 35 lbs with some APBT lines going as high as 70 lbs. They don't weigh 110 lbs. Just an FYI :D

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
good to know its funny I am actually sending away for his papers as I type. I do know that throwin Knuckles is in his line thats all i could remember so Im sending away for 7 generations back. as far as his wrist hes easty westy and were not over doing it were just letting him do his thing with the kids but Ill keep an eye on them not really sure what I should be looking for could you elaborate please bahamutt. and Blue I am a total novice so Im learning on the fly but I like to think Im a quick study growing up in the valley in LA was more into australian sheperds this is my first true pit so any knowledge that the esteemed members of this great site I take as a blessing so thank you

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
good to know its funny I am actually sending away for his papers as I type. I do know that throwin Knuckles is in his line thats all i could remember so Im sending away for 7 generations back. as far as his wrist hes easty westy and were not over doing it were just letting him do his thing with the kids but Ill keep an eye on them not really sure what I should be looking for could you elaborate please bahamutt
Throwin knuckles is a bully :) My girl in the pics has alot of the great bullys in her ped on her dams side. The sire has more staff blood so my girl is turning out to be more of a classic style bully, She has Razors Edge, Grapevine, Watchdog, and Knowlwood in her ped. I wasn't aware of the difference until I joined here and was more educated and open minded to learning. Some people get defensive and want to believe they have a 100 lb pit bull. Sounds like you are VERY open minded to learn what you have. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts