Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup is kinda knuckling on his right foot. Vet said he would grow out of it, but i just want to make sure hes healthy, and grows up well.

I dont know what the breeder was feeding, but i started him on Adult dog food, Kirkland Lamb, rice, and vegetables.

It has 23% protein, it was the best i could find with out breaking my pockets, and keeping the protein down of course.

I have read the great dane website, and the ten reasons that cause knuckling.

My question is, Can i give the pup glucosamine to help?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Just stick to the lower protein and that will help, he will grow out of it and it may get worse then get better. It will last several weeks or just a few weeks it just depends on the dog. I have had several dogs knuckle when they were younger and they will grow out of it and the lower protein will help.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
The glucosamine is to strengthen and help support the joints. Your pup is not knuckling because the joints are weak...his joints and ligs have slightly out grown the bone most likely due to a growth spurt. But to answer your question..no you don't need the glucosamine.

Now it might take up to a month for his body to balance out and you might see one leg get better and then the other get like that...but no worries. as PK said your pup should out grow it soon. Keep us posted

Reactions: SMiGGs

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Just stick to the lower protein and that will help, he will grow out of it and it may get worse then get better. It will last several weeks or just a few weeks it just depends on the dog. I have had several dogs knuckle when they were younger and they will grow out of it and the lower protein will help.
:goodpost:

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
how come there are no pictures of said puppy?? ??? lol

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yep check out the thread Lauren provided.My pup was knuckling a little so I did what it said to do in that thread and he's all better now

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hell yeah, Kirkland Lamb did the job, he doesnt knuckle on his foot nomore

kirkland for life <3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts