Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just bought Apollo the black large kong rubber and he seemed pretty good at getting the treats and liver paste out and he statred doing it quicker and quicker so i wanted to make it a little more challenging so i would fill it and then freeze it for about 3 hours and he still gets it all out within 10 to 15 min my question is does anyone else use one of these and if so how do u fill it to make it more difficult to make them really work for it and do u fill it with anything else besides the kong treats and paste?

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
ok so i just bought Apollo the black large kong rubber and he seemed pretty good at getting the treats and liver paste out and he statred doing it quicker and quicker so i wanted to make it a little more challenging so i would fill it and then freeze it for about 3 hours and he still gets it all out within 10 to 15 min my question is does anyone else use one of these and if so how do u fill it to make it more difficult to make them really work for it and do u fill it with anything else besides the kong treats and paste?
don't fill it all the way with the paste. fill it at the inner tip, opposite of the opening just a bit & freeze it.

3,968 Posts
i wouldnt even rccomend kong paste. its crap. i use ne thing from soft stuff like peanut butter and creamcheese to fruits and veggies. usually i mix and match. but i keep it in the freezer for a few hours and it lasts about 20 mins. but i highly suggest peanut butter or something instead of kong paste.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O nice ya that sounds like it would be good ..... I kinda wanted to start adding in some fruits and veggies In To but I wasn't sure exactly which fruits and veggies r safe to give him any suggestions cuz I don't want to give him anythin that could possiably harm him.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
peanut butter and carrots... then freeze. sounds gross but mine loves it

·
Registered
31 Posts
I mix kibble with plain yogurt and freeze it. it's easy to prepare, but hard to get out and and he loves it. and i like that it's just a part of his daily diet. usually he gets breakfast in his kong, so it keeps him busy when i leave for work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts