Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Out of curiosity why are you trying to base your yard off this dog? I also am basing my yard off of a single male and am just wondering why this dog? Hes sharp looking. Not over done. Looks clean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Primarily because he is are only stud and we paid a pretty penny for him. He's basically going to be the face of our kennel till we accumulate more dogs as the years progress. We have 3 females

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
We've had this discussion over the same kennel and stock I believe..

Good lookin dog.. pretty boy.. could be a blue AST not to many honest working lines but obviously he looks good :D

Can't help but advise you slack off of the fast forward mentality of building a yard off of him, just yet. To each their own, people shouldn't breed unless they are ready to keep every dog. People also shouldn't breed unless they understand the bulldog and genetic concept behind it. Seems like you manage your dogs well enough!! If they were high end, you'd be slacking.. Not picking on you, rather pointing out some areas that could use more focus ;)

Scatterbred bulldogs are genetically dangerous to the bulldog bloodline known as APBT as it is to any other, also most so called (pit bull) attacks are from novice or lack of knowing people breeding scattered dogs. Especially dogs that likely have other (breeds of bulldogs) rung in as APBT. Some of those dogs in the back are part Presa, just as whopper has the DDB. Not your fault, but you do need to know what to do with the genetics in front of you. Remember each individual has DNA makeup from 20,000+ sources over its 7 gen pedigree actually to 10 generations ;) People wrongly assume you dont want any dogs of relation, thats not true; people also wrongly assume how to stack their peds or single out traits in linebreeding and inbreeding. You wouldnt have pure bred anything without linebreeding and inbreeding. Outcrossing to the wrong source will SCATTER and taint the genetics, thus scatterbred ( no like relatives).

So help yourself out a lil and study on genetics and the working bulldog; then study on the show dogs... figure out what your ready to be accountable for. Building a line or family off of one dog that has no working merit is kind of cruel to your own work, unless show type Amstaff or Classic Bully is your goal. There are some good classic bully breeders here on GPB as well.

Best of wishes!!!

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
So if i may ask.... what is ur goal u wish to accomplish in ur breeding program?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
We've had this discussion over the same kennel and stock I believe..

Good lookin dog.. pretty boy.. could be a blue AST not to many honest working lines but obviously he looks good :D

Can't help but advise you slack off of the fast forward mentality of building a yard off of him, just yet. To each their own, people shouldn't breed unless they are ready to keep every dog. People also shouldn't breed unless they understand the bulldog and genetic concept behind it. Seems like you manage your dogs well enough!! If they were high end, you'd be slacking.. Not picking on you, rather pointing out some areas that could use more focus ;)

Scatterbred bulldogs are genetically dangerous to the bulldog bloodline known as APBT as it is to any other, also most so called (pit bull) attacks are from novice or lack of knowing people breeding scattered dogs. Especially dogs that likely have other (breeds of bulldogs) rung in as APBT. Some of those dogs in the back are part Presa, just as whopper has the DDB. Not your fault, but you do need to know what to do with the genetics in front of you. Remember each individual has DNA makeup from 20,000+ sources over its 7 gen pedigree actually to 10 generations ;) People wrongly assume you dont want any dogs of relation, thats not true; people also wrongly assume how to stack their peds or single out traits in linebreeding and inbreeding. You wouldnt have pure bred anything without linebreeding and inbreeding. Outcrossing to the wrong source will SCATTER and taint the genetics, thus scatterbred ( no like relatives).

So help yourself out a lil and study on genetics and the working bulldog; then study on the show dogs... figure out what your ready to be accountable for. Building a line or family off of one dog that has no working merit is kind of cruel to your own work, unless show type Amstaff or Classic Bully is your goal. There are some good classic bully breeders here on GPB as well.

Best of wishes!!!
:goodpost:

I jus learned some new things myself just now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts