Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kumi. She was going to be tossed into traffic because the "breeder" couldn't make any money on her. She was born with a bad front right limb. It was missing bones and was only a quarter of the length it should have been.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kumi is also dealing with demodox right now, which is what brought me to this forum. I've been searching for more options to treat her!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm so in love/obsessed with her!!:love2: and her heart shaped nose!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Beautiful girl, thank you for rescuing her! I'm sure she will pay you back 100 fold with love. There is a ton of info on the forum, which I'm sure you've already found quite a bit. I don't have any first hand knowledge of demo since I've never had to deal with it personally but if there is anything you're unable to find using the search function feel free to ask and I'm sure those with first hand experiences can assist.

Oh and welcome to GP!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Everyone seems so knowledgeable!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Thanks! Everyone seems so knowledgeable!
Yeah , well you're the one that took on a special needs Tripod dog , that gets some respect in these quarters.

Kudos to you , t'ain't going into whys and wherefores and come across jaded and cynical so just leave it at that.

Well done.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Awwwww she is so cute!! I hope you stick around for the years to come! :D for demodex typically it's best to build the immune system so good quality grain free food, perhaps some supplements. There is actually immune boosting supplements out there :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awe thanks everyone. She's currently on grain free food right now. (Blue buffalo freedom) is love to look into immune boosting supplements for her! We think because of her surgery and us adopting her just 2 weeks out from it may have played a role in her system being under par. We just want her to be comfortable. We've been to the vet three times so far, he's been great as a vet. She's in benedryl and ivermectin orally. I was reading about a special shampoo I can make (the borax concoction lol)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts