Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
not even close brah i would classify them as working dogs if your looking for a lap dog steer clear of a pit i would recomend a bully but they are far from a lap dog to if your looking for a lap dog i dont think you want a bull breed

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
They are not supposed to be but they think they are. LOL

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
theyre so loving and willing to please that if you get them used to it, they are over sized lap dogs... however, like stated above, they are meant to be working dogs and they need several outlets for their energy daily. not working a dog like this could result in health problems over time, and destruction of your property out of frustration is a sure bet.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Most of my APBT's are lap dogs! Ask Shana she had an APBT in her lap almost the whole time she was here! lol
If you are asking if they like to lay in laps then yes, some do and some don't. If you are asking if they are couch potatoes like many lap dogs then the answer is no for most dogs. Now don't get me wrong you will come across a bulldog that is lazy and likes to lay around all day. I have a few that I use as door stops! lol But generally speaking you will speaking they are high energy dogs.

3,968 Posts
in thier minds YES!!! in my mind...."onyx you are too heavy plz get off!"

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Most def! Good thing they aren't large breed or they would crush you. These dogs want nothing more than to be as close to you as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Don't get me started on the bed.... we have a king bed and my husband and I have no room!! lol
I think you were the 4 or 5 dog night for winter right?

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Most def! Good thing they aren't large breed or they would crush you. These dogs want nothing more than to be as close to you as possible.
The worst is when you are sleeping and they are face to face with you and they sneeze.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
The worst is when you are sleeping and they are face to face with you and they sneeze.
I woke up the other day to Mae just starting at me about an inch from my face LMAO. She had to potty, but wasn't quite sure about waking me up lol.

·
Banned
774 Posts
dogs on the bed for me is a no no in the lap my kilo thinks she a lap dog

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
I woke up the other day to Mae just starting at me about an inch from my face LMAO. She had to potty, but wasn't quite sure about waking me up lol.
Sadie does that at 7 or so every morning she comes into our room and like a bell she scratches her neck to let us know she is there and if the doesn't work she will climb up on the bed and plop right between us

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
When the staff at the vets office know your voice over the phone and your first and last name.

when you go to the bathroom and you have a minimum of three dogs watching you.

when they dogs pre wash everything that goes in the dishwasher

When you and your husband sleep on the king bed but still are falling off the sides

They saying "3 dog night" means it is cold outside an it is perfectly appropriate to have at least 3 dogs under the covers to keep you warm.

When you have company over and have to put the dogs out you tell them to hang on to something or hide in the bathroom.

When you have more prescriptions and medications for the dogs than yourself.

When you do not have a coffee table because the dogs need room to play in the living room.

HA! I guess I could come up with a million! lol
Yep that was you LOL Lisa

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You when it is cold it is a 3-4 dog night! lol

Tasha, my 11 year old dog does that. She will put her face as close as she can to my face without touching me and stare till I wake up! Then when you open an eye the tail starts going and beating everything it touches. It's like if she thinks real hard I will wake up :rofl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts