Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it seems Conner is just not digging being raw fed.
I'm doing about half freeze dried raw, but to do that 100% would be very expensive. Which would be ok if he were an only pet.😁
I would like to find a large sized PREMIUM kibble...he seems to have difficulty or just not fond of the little pieces.
Will continue to add the f.d. to what ever kibble.
He doesn't even like canned or Fresh Pet...sigh. I attract animals with eating issues!
He does like the air dried, but boy howdy...GAS! Gotta keep that at a minimum.

· Registered
96 Posts
Well, it seems Conner is just not digging being raw fed.
I'm doing about half freeze dried raw, but to do that 100% would be very expensive. Which would be ok if he were an only pet.😁
I would like to find a large sized PREMIUM kibble...he seems to have difficulty or just not fond of the little pieces.
Will continue to add the f.d. to what ever kibble.
He doesn't even like canned or Fresh Pet...sigh. I attract animals with eating issues!
He does like the air dried, but boy howdy...GAS! Gotta keep that at a minimum.
One of my dogs just finds raw and other "premium" foods too rich. My advice is to not get too caught up on the food hype and find what works for you. I have fed raw and tried a lot of fancy kibbles. I do like how raw treats one of my dogs in particular. At the end of the day, I feed various different formulas from Acana (not all of theirs are good for us either) and truthfully, I really like what I see from my dogs on Eukanuba Sport foods. 🤷‍♀️ Good luck. Every dog is different and some dogs, like people, don't do well on rich, high protein foods.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eh, about the same as most premium kibble. 😁 I buy the small bags, at least for now. I guess if he likes it, I'll maybe get a big bag.
Willow, the other one who won't eat raw gets Orijen, Stella and Chewys or Zignature. I like to rotate. Recently tried TOTW and Inception, both of which are easier on the wallet. Will see how she likes the N&D.
I try not to think too much about price when it comes to feeding the critters... hubby on the other hand!🤪
Still cheaper than our groceries.🤬

· Administrator
5,700 Posts
I agree that it is cheaper than our groceries BZOO! Small bag would only last a week at my house. I go through about 45 pounds a month. I can't even imagine the monthly food bill for ALL your critters.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dogs are the most expensive. Overall, as long as they don't all need stuff at the same time, it's not too bad, relatively speaking.😜
Now, the price of hay needs to stop going up. It's about double now.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First meal of the N&D was a hit! I went with the ancestral grains, rather than grain free.
Smells nice and he hasn't eaten a full meal in months! Snarfed this down!! Hopefully this continues.
Willow, my other P.I.T.A. when it comes to food, is gonna get some too, see how she likes it. She's been on a kibble kick lately.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, Willow won't eat it. Sigh.
I attract critters with eating disorders.
We have a Cockatoo that is literally anorexic.
He's skin and bones, just dumps his food. We removed the cage grate so he can get to the food, but nope. Honestly, I'm amazed he's still alive. But, he's a total ahole to me ( the one who feeds him, cleans his cage, buys him toys), so I'm not gonna be broken up when he does. I got SCARS from that dhead!!!!🤪
On the other hand, we have Pugs...even if it's not food, they'll give it a try.🤣

· Administrator
5,700 Posts
Sorry to hear that Willow is being finicky. Your going to go broke feeding all your critters. I have no desire to own birds and I've seen Cockatoo and Myna birds do some considerable damage to their owners. Too bad it's skin and bones, the Pugs might consider Cockatoo a delicacy. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts