Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was our last rally class. It was fun we had all 32 stations set up we took up almost the whole armory. There were 5 other dogs there and I was using more of a loose leash with my girl as no flyball going on either. Vendetta did really well all mistakes were mine not hers. I need to teach her to read so she can help me out :roll:. We had lots of fun and we are going to partake in a fun match probably next month. Not sure yet on the date. It will be fun and it gets us out and doing things.

Also a plus the old Akley School has open it doors to dog training. It is suxy hours 10am -5:30pm monday through saturday. But anyone can use the gym at no cost. I have a couple of friends that are going to use this new venue to work our dogs. :clap:

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
WOO HOO, I do hope you can go to the other place, and I am glad Miss V did so well :) lol at he needing to learn to read :p

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Did you ever find out if ASCA has shows in your area? I hope you can find them and get some titles on her since your doing all this hard work. :) keep it up rally is great! I am working on my RE and R03 titles and I should have them by June. I am working on becoming a head rally trainer at my club once I finish the RE and then I might apply for a UKC Rally Judge. FUN FUN FUN!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found some agility matches I can go to nothing about rally. I will stick to the fun matches and I know that she is good at it and that is all that matters in the end.

Once the warmer weather rolls around we are going to travel to Eleveth and train in agility. I am having trouble with the weave poles and she got scared of the tunnel when I sent her through and DaVinci attacked her...bad boy Davinci. Now she only goes throught it if I have it straight out.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I would love to do agility with Orion, alas his knees will not let him, we could do some stuff but not all of it, I know Vendetta will have fun no matter what she is doing :D She has you :D

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep that is true Vendetta loves to please me and I love to make her happy it is a win win for both of us.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
What's going on with her weave poles? How did you start them and what is she having trouble with. I hate weaves and just had to train Siren on a set of twelve. Poor dog I have not had the time between the baby and schutzhund to really do weaves with her but after about a month of training she finally has them down. I just got done teaching a weave pole series so maybe I can help ;)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She stops and looks at me like I am nuts. I was going to work on them this winter but they are buried under about a foot of snow yet. I have the ones that lay out flat and you can adjust them so the dog almost runs straight through them. When we get to them she just shuts down. She doesnt want to do anythng with them. I take her by the collar and lead her through them going in on her right should against the pole. I have been working on and off( the winter) but have made no progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts