Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..i live in australia.I just received a visit from our local animal control officer as somebody had rung them to say that a 'VICIOUS' rednose pitbull was wandering the streets and attacking children..when he pulled up and noticed i had a 6ft fence and was greeted by my baby..he bust out laughing..he sat on the lounge and my 35kg baby jumped up on his lap,layed down and licked his hand till she went to sleep..after seeing what a good dog she was the discussion came up about the laws that are currently in place for pitbulls..he informed me that the point system was fought in court and has now been wiped out as it wasn't firm enough proof the categorize the breed.He then went onto explain that in a few weeks the ban on pitbulls will be lifted and that the new laws that are coming in are that any breed of dog weather it be a poodle or pitbull..if found to be a vicious or menicing dog will be tested on their temprament and if found to be any danger to people will be destroyed.. finally they've come to the relisation that it's not the breed of the dog but the way its raised!!!!! big win for pitbulls in Australia.:clap:.it's just a shame so many died before they came to this decision..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately this is not the case. BSL lives on. It varies from State to State and even municipalities. It is alive and well and championed by the RSPCA which I believe continue to kill any dog which even resmbles a Pit:(

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Well at lease now we know where to move when the sh!t hits the fan. I always wanted to see Australia a nice Bunch of people I think....mmmm? a Puerto Rican AUSTRALIAN would I be the first, I wonder??

·
Registered
419 Posts
It would be awsome if these fools that make the laws in the u.k did the same and see some sense and properly revise the dangerous dog act we have here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unfortunately this is not the case. BSL lives on. It varies from State to State and even municipalities. It is alive and well and championed by the RSPCA which I believe continue to kill any dog which even resmbles a Pit:(
I think alexcan99 has a point here, we arent completely over it. One thing ive found is that a lot can depend on the owner and the image they portray with their dog. If the surrounding community have a bad impression from day one cos (for example) the dog is walked wearing studded collars and harnesses and looks mean, or if its not secure and runs up to people, usually for a pat, it can freak them out a bit, then thats all the local area knows in regards to that dog.
Also when people ask you what sort of dog it is you can tell them its a staffyX. You know the truth thats all that matters and it lets people actually get to know your dog and pat it. Once they get to know it they love the fact that your dog will almost choke itself when your walking it just to go over to them and get a pat on the belly.
These neighbors will tell each other how cute your dog is and before you know it the local community is on your side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.