Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend my lil Layla had her first encounter with the lake. This is the first body of water she has ever experienced so far. It was quite humorous to see her puzzled about the water chasing her and then receding back to the lake. She was so scared of the water and I was quite surprised because the doby my parents have loves the lake, waves and all. I ended up picking her up and putting her in the lake half way up her legs and she just stood there confused. She just stood there looking at me like why are you doing this. I dont know if it was because the water was a bit cold or just because she wasnt used to it. So how about any of you guys? Do any of your dogs have a similar reaction or is my Layla just a minority in this category?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My pup shakes if we walk *near* water. She'd have a panic attack if I picked her up and set her in the water. So, your Layla is one step closer than mine is. :D

·
Registered
962 Posts
it takes a bit for a dog to get used to water, it is a totally new experience. but once they do, good luck keeping most of them out :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts