Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the park today - not a dog park but a field where alot of people go with surrounded by woods and off leash - okay so I guess its kind of a dog park.....don't yell at me I know these are bad but I wanted her to get some exercise and she misses playing with Polly since she's been adopted.

Anyways she won't play with big dogs? Not even if they are a little bit bigger with her. She played with a yorkie all day and a cocker spaniel for a while but she was mostly having a blast with the Yorkie! If a bigger dog approached she got submissive and tryed to hide under my legs......why? Will she eventually feel comfortable to play with big dogs?

I'm also concerned because my next foster is going to be an adult pitbull and I want her to be able to feel comfortable with the size difference. Maybe she would be okay 1 on 1 and the park was overwhelming.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think it's natural for a puppy to be submissive to a larger dog, they respect the experience of the older and larger dog. If you bring home an adult foster she will probably be submissive at first, and get used to the dog, and they will establish roles, and become more comfortable with each other.

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
If you bring home an adult dog, you need to choose it carefully. Always spend enough time with it before you bring it home to see if the dog will fit with your dog tempermentally. and always do the introduction properly. Floor candy is right too. but get yourself some breaksticks just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts