Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the boyfriend and I have been talking with an experienced bully breeder about colors and how certain colors come into play and what is required for each ect ect. Figured I would start tolook into it more and try and educate myself on this . was Looking for anyone who has a GREAT link they could share on this stuff and maybe find out who on here is really knowledgable in this area who maybe I can bounce questions off once in awhile as they come up.

Im understanding the Locus A series and Locus B series failrly well and kinda getting the locus D and I understand the Locus E series. but when it comes to markings , do you take everything into account ? like the S series
say take luna for example she has a white chest and small white blaze and little bit of white on her paws would the code for her on that alleles be S- since it says the solid color canhave small amounts of white on those areas in some cases or would she be si- ? fromwhat im reading i wouldnt put her in the piebald heading at all or am I totally misunderstanding this section?

also the ticking which should be (tt) it says in the AST bred this is defined in the A series and not in the locus T series at all, would this be the same for american bullys or would you use the Locus T series to define the ticking we see in some of these dogs?

Here is the link I have been using for info ,found it pretty helpfull.
http://www.adbadog.com/uploads/pdf forms/colorgenetics.pdf

any other links would be greatly appreciated as well , Imsure this will take some time and lots of reading to get it down .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also found this calculator ,maybe after I figure out althe codes I can master this but right now its all mumble jumble to me lol , looks cool though when you click it will show you colors , chances on health issues like hips and joints ect , there are other calculators you can do just on your dog .
Puppy Phenotype Calculator | FPaw Guide

1 - 2 of 2 Posts