Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I copy pasted this from the other thread but, no one was responding so i decided to make a new thread. :)

Okay, the last two days (now 3) Lefty REFUSES to eat yogurt on food now. :| If we just do the fish oil he's fine with it (and 3rd day now, he wont eat it with the fish oil either...he will only eat it plain.) but yogurt or vinegar he wont eat it, I wasted food and tried it like 4 different ways... he only will eat it with the fish oil (as of today not anymore.)... WHY? and doesn't he need the rest to still help his legs? idk what to do.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
If he isn't sick- I would give him 5-10 mins tops. Try that each feeding. You have to he patient. If the dog is healthy, he won't starve himself. He might just be picky. My dogs did it. I battledthem eating every other day for a week. Finally they got the clue.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
When I first got Mya I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't eat. Turns out she wanted me to sit there beside her and hand feed her lol. But I weaned her off that and she eats fine now. Puppies are weird sometimes. And as long as he's still drinking water and not being lethargic I wouldn't freak out over it.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I would not worry too much. i would just pick up the left over food and put it in the fridge and save it for the next feeding. Do not try to get him to eat you will make a picky eater. Many pups go through a stage where they do not want to eat as much so try reducing the amount of food you give at each feeding too so he is hungry by the next feeding. I know someone already posted this but here.

http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/27671-puppies-not-eating-well.html

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No no, he eats. but, it's just the plain food. If i put, fishoil, yogurt or vinegar on it he refuses and we're still making sure his legs are healing fine. which they look normal and vet said hes "healed" but he said it wouldn't harm him to do it another month.

and plain food he'll eat a little bit then leave it be. I pick it up what he doesn't eat.
I feed him twice a day 3/4 cup of food twice a day (8am and 3pm)
He never eats it all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would have to agree with everyone else and say he's just being picky, he likes his food plain with nothing on it. As long as he's not losing weight and is acting normal he should be just fine.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
He is fine. idk how old of a pup it is but if he ready for supp`s and doesn't like it in his food maybe you can find it in tablet form

1 - 8 of 8 Posts