Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recieved a red-nosed pit from my ex. I got her because she is an excellent dog who knows my children. We were outside playing and out of no where she let out a yelp and was keeping her back right paw off the ground. I have an appt with the vet to get her looked at soon. Any ideas on what could be the cause? She is my first dog so I am completely new to all this. She comes to me whenever it happens for a massage and with in a few minutes is able to walk again.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
she does this often? have you checked her pads out well seen if there is a small cut or maybe a splinter or soemthing sharp in there ? could be when she steps on it harder or in a certain way it pushes on it? Check with good light , and in between the pads any lil thing can cause a lot of pain its a sensitive area. does she chew or lick it alot ? maybe a sign there is something there?

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Crate rest and hand walk for the next couple of weeks is usually the protocol if you can't see something specific and a vet check. For now, check her whole leg and paw for sesative areas.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Is this a back leg or front? Back leg my first thought is a mild ACL tear. A trip to the vet is a definite so they can see what's going on especially if its a reoccurring thing. It could be something as simple as a cut or something stuck in her pad so as said check the pad real good. Good luck and let us know how you make out :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts