Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
temptation ur white female looks a lot like mine hows she bred?

heres a few of mine-

·
Banned
319 Posts
very game lol...

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My wife came home with her and her ped is blank! I have no clue! but she is great dog and very game! the pups off her and my red male were some of the best hog dogs I have ever seen! To bad I sold them all!

The lady that gave her to my wife gave her paper work but.....she could not handle her energy and just wanted her gone!
I am thinking about going to get her dna tested and then breed and show her in house

·
Banned
319 Posts
...... dna tests can only be done if you have the parents DNA tested and they are registered and you have the breeders signature on the paperwork.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Reactions: aussie monster pitt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...... dna tests can only be done if you have the parents DNA tested and they are registered and you have the breeders signature on the paperwork.
Great dog regardless of paper work, The dog makes the paperwork not the other way around! I know who bred her but he is on a 6 year state vacation!
I sent him a kite but no response yet!

·
Banned
319 Posts
Great dog regardless of paper work, The dog makes the paperwork not the other way around! I know who bred her but he is on a 6 year state vacation!
I sent him a kite but no response yet!
depends on who you ask. to me pedigree does matter. it will paint you a pretty picture of what to exspect if the dog turns out as planned.

papers dont matter if you dont show in conformation, weight pull and dont exspect to breed the dog.

no way to tell if your dog is "very game" unless you test them in the box against a dog better then them, and thats illigal in the states.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
depends on who you ask. to me pedigree does matter. it will paint you a pretty picture of what to exspect if the dog turns out as planned.

papers dont matter if you dont show in conformation, weight pull and dont exspect to breed the dog.

no way to tell if your dog is "very game" unless you test them in the box against a dog better then them, and thats illigal in the states.
you put a 35lb dog on a 300lb wild hog and you will find out just how game the dog is! and you eat good afterwords
one man one dog ,one night and 6 wild hogs and no guns that game in my book every night of the week

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

You put a 35lb dog on a 2-300 lb wild hog and you will find out just how game that dog is! if you sick'em and stick'em then you find out just how game you are to!
gameness is not fighting dog on dog but the will to finish the job given regardless of cuts broken bones or anything otherwise!

The test is the same except one of the combatants has 4 inch cutters couple hundred pounds is on its home turf and is smarter the the dog! and that is if another hog don't run in to help I just cant see how if the challenge is the same if not harder how the results don't mean the same! If that ant gameness what would you call it?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Diesel at 6.5 months..

Daisy at 2 yrs

·
Banned
319 Posts
You put a 35lb dog on a 2-300 lb wild hog and you will find out just how game that dog is! if you sick'em and stick'em then you find out just how game you are to!
gameness is not fighting dog on dog but the will to finish the job given regardless of cuts broken bones or anything otherwise!

The test is the same except one of the combatants has 4 inch cutters couple hundred pounds is on its home turf and is smarter the the dog! and that is if another hog don't run in to help I just cant see how if the challenge is the same if not harder how the results don't mean the same! If that ant gameness what would you call it?
prey drive....

she is not missing any body parts, still jumps high, doesnt limp... doesnt appear to have any previous injery or old scars, missing teeth ect.

do you have any pics or vids of her on a 300 lb hog?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I think people need to be very careful about how they apply the term "gameness" with this breed. The only way to truly test for it is to get a dog really hurt and beaten, and see if they're thinking about giving up. That's hard to do legally. IMO, many different breeds can be game, too, within their own historical tasks. Hounds can be game at trailing, terriers game at going to ground. The APBT being bred for what he was bred for, his gameness is established in the pit against another dog of similar caliber. Gameness has uses in other areas outside the pit, of course. But as far as actually testing it? In my opinion, the only animal that can test the gameness of a Pit Bull is another Pit Bull. Even a lion wouldn't test it. They'd just kill the dog before he knew what was coming. It is the long-haul, grind-down, worn-out, nothing-left-to-give conditions of a hard opponent that let you see that quality in a dog.

Of course, I don't call my dogs game by any stretch. I'm happy that they're gritty, hard-working, driven, pains-in-my-rear, athletic, etc. And I do also think that knowing the pedigree is important to a breeder. But I find the breeding of unpapered dogs for use in actual work (hog hunting) to be more palatable than breeding an unpapered dog just to make puppies. Although, why did you not keep anything off her litter? Did you farm them out with friends?

Temptation, it looks like you do good work with your dogs. The two-dog springpole vids kind of make my skin crawl, but I have dogs who would beat the tar out of each other over something like that. Two dogs on one bite surface can be so dicey to execute. I was impressed by the control you have, though. Very good work with the training. And I'm sure you put some thought into the pairs that you allow to work the springpole together. Just don't let any newbies see that video. It could be very bad if they tried it. LOL!

Reactions: Diggit
1 - 20 of 31 Posts