Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it legal in the state of texas to use lethal force on my neighbors dogs if they are on my property?? my baby girl cheina was viciously attacked by the neighbors 4 dogs two days ago and it is taking everything in me to not go put a bullet in everyone of them! my "neighbor's" (who doesnt live at the house but just keeps his dogs there and feeds them once a week) rottweiler got ahold of my dogs face and pulled her through the fence and held her there while the other three ate away at her face and neck while i was at work. if it wasnt for people driving by that saw what was happening she probably would not be with us.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Poor baby! I am so sorry you had to go through that! You are showing more restraint than I could! Did you call Animal services? If it happened on your property yes you can shoot dogs on your property, Just say you feared for you life. That's what the AC told me, if they are on your property you can protect yourself and your property. I told my neighbor if her dog got in my chicken coop again I would shoot them...... The dog never got in my yard again. If this was me I would make my neighbor aware of what happened and call AC. If your neighbor is a poop head then just call AC.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Oh My God! That poor dog! Another reason to NEVER leave your dog outside unattended!

I would call AC, before you do anything drastic. Remember they are dogs,and dogs do these things to other dogs.
I would say the dogs,if they are people friendly need to be placed with someone who can handle them,and doesn't just leave them out alone.
I am not for shooting them,but there HAS to be something to do without getting to violent.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
your in luck the wifey is from texas. she said that you can put the dog down BUT you have to catch the dogs in the act and prove that the other dog/dogs started it, its protecting your property. also if you can contact the person that rescued your dog from being mauled to death to be your witness then you can sue the owner.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
your in luck the wifey is from texas. she said that you can put the dog down BUT you have to catch the dogs in the act and prove that the other dog/dogs started it, its protecting your property. also if you can contact the person that rescued your dog from being mauled to death to be your witness then you can sue the owner.
That's what I was thinking! I would go after the owner for the vet bill. Did this happen through a fence or did they com on to your property? If it was through the fence you might not be able to do anything.

Katie you should be able to leave your dogs outside unattended without fear, if you have a crappy neighbor that makes that impossible then you can go after the neighbor. You should not have to confine your dog in the house for the fear of a neighbors crappy animals!

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Oh My God! That poor dog! Another reason to NEVER leave your dog outside unattended!

I would call AC, before you do anything drastic. Remember they are dogs,and dogs do these things to other dogs.
I would say the dogs,if they are people friendly need to be placed with someone who can handle them,and doesn't just leave them out alone.
I am not for shooting them,but there HAS to be something to do without getting to violent.
:goodpost:

Agreed! That is why my dogs are under constant supervision while outside in a fenced in backyard. While I'm away they are crated INDOORS!:mad: &*(&ing sucks!! but could have been avoided had the dog(s) been crated!!! It's not worth taking a chance having another dog or wild animal attack yours or vice versa.

OP lucked out :\ - Poor pup :(

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
here in CA, i found out today from Animal Control because Diesel made it to the neighbors yard again, if they felt threatened they could kill my dog.. i was shocked when AC told me that.. try lining the fence w/ several layers of chicken wire

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
here in CA, i found out today from Animal Control because Diesel made it to the neighbors yard again, if they felt threatened they could kill my dog.. i was shocked when AC told me that.. try lining the fence w/ several layers of chicken wire
yup the ac told my grandmas tenant that if he felt threatened by anything ( in this case mountain lion in the area) that he could shoot it. theres also an agressive dog next door that trys to attack his dog on my fams property so the same applies, it sucks but its how it goes.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
i'm headed to Home Depot tomorrow for chicken wire or something.. i gotta keep my dogs in the yard.. old fence means loose fence boards

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i'm headed to Home Depot tomorrow for chicken wire or something.. i gotta keep my dogs in the yard.. old fence means loose fence boards
thats a good idea or maybe put new boards or your side? chicken wires cheaper though. you think about putting a trench by the fence dropping some chicken wire in it then filling the trench up just in case they try to dig under? also chain links alot sturdier than layer upon layer of chicken wire.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
they dont dig... Dre butts the fence with his nose and knocks a board loose.. then Diesel, being the curious dog he is, decides to go over there to play w/ the GSD pup

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
chain link with privacy slats would be the best route imo but layers of chicken wire would work too

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
:( that makes me sad,

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
yea... poor girl.. i would be livid

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Hey OMG I am sorry this happened, poor girl. And yes you have EVERY right to shoot that dogs or dogs if they are on your property and causing damage to a living creature, I would get the dogs in picture or on video to prove it jus tin case the neighbor wants to try and get ugly about it. You cannot go over there now and do something about it with a gun but you can sue for vet bills and tell the neighbor if the dogs set foot on your property you WILL kill them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Aww poor girl, I wish her a speedy recovery. I wish fools could keep their freaking dogs contained!

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Glad shes alive, and hopefully everything goes well. Its gonna take some time to be herself though, especially after being malled at by other dogs.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I have a pretty pair of SAP gloves that I wear since we cant use deadly force. Wishing a speedy recovery

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.