Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
RateMyPitbull.com Admin
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOTE: I need a mailing address for Marty or for someone who sees Marty regularly, such as his son. Please PM me the address (DON'T POST IT ON THE FORUMS!) and inform them that I'll be sending this to them.

As you may have read, our moderator, Marty, recently had a heart attack. He is apparently doing well, but is in ICU and will be receiving a heart catheter. You can see the original thread posted by Pitwoman here: http://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/9775-marty-hospital.html

I will be organizing a mass effort to collect get well cards from members and sending them to Marty. You send them to me, I'll put them in a manilla envelope and send them to him. I doubt he'll be in the hospital for long, but it'll give him something to read once he gets out to let him know we were thinking of him.

Cards, notes, anything that'll fit in an envelope will be great. Just something to get his spirits up and let him know we care. Handmade stuff will be awesome also, there's more thought behind it and it doesn't cost anything.

If you'd like to participate, PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS. Please make sure to have it in the mail to me no later than December 21.

Be sure to sign the card with your real name and your forums name!

***** I also wanted to let people know that everyone who sends a card will get a ribbon under their name like the one I have for donating to the shelter drive. ******
To be sure you get the ribbon, put your FORUM USERNAME on the envelope (something along the lines of FROM: YourUserName. I won't be opening the envelopes, so be sure to PUT IT ON THE OUTSIDE! Also, PM me or post here and verify that you sent something.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Admin
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
***** I also wanted to let people know that everyone who sends a card will get a ribbon under their name like the one I have for donating to the shelter drive. ******

·
RateMyPitbull.com Admin
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sent ya a PM, Betty.

Also, Bleu Clair just sent me a PM saying her (I'm hoping I'm right on your gender! lol) 6 year old daughter is drawing a pit bull to send to Marty. I think that's an awesome idea, stuff like that will really be what makes this outstanding.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sent ya a PM, Betty.

Also, Bleu Clair just sent me a PM saying her (I'm hoping I'm right on your gender! lol) 6 year old daughter is drawing a pit bull to send to Marty. I think that's an awesome idea, stuff like that will really be what makes this outstanding.
Yep, you got it right :)

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
I'll need that address too. Thanks, buz

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
kenya, chyna and i took our "get well marty" pic and i am printing out the card today! :) can i have the address please :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I never recieved a pm with the address. If someone could send that to me I would really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I forwarded my pm to Sydney, Mrs_APBT_America, Roxy_Nie, LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se, Rock Creek Kennels, and even buzhunter so they have an address to send their cards along to. If I forgot anyone let me know and I will shoot it over to you too.

*edit...JCSmoke too

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Oh no thats terrible! Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Got Marty's card (and my daughter's pit bull drawing) in the mail, the roads are finally all cleared up from that darned ice storm.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts