Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are definitely moving in January and i have been getting lambasted with "oh no we can't cause the insurance BLAH!!!!! so i decided to just get the dog liability insurance just to get this over with. I'm just so freaking sick of this crap, My buddy who is a real estate agent told me this would be to my benefit in the long run since i carry my dogs policy and not the homeowner. At this point i'm just looking at it at a safety for my dog against those that would otherwise have me let him go and that's not gonna happen:mad::mad:

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
You renting or buying? If buying you can use Citizens since they don't discriminate against breeds or types of dogs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
renting,i want the insurance on dog, i can careless about the renters policy as long as my dog has his own insurance i would feel much better.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
It may be cheaper just go to with renters insurance. My policy from state farm was only 14.00 a month, we just paid up the premium for a year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well since i will be renting i don't want to have to deal with the owners insurance. I don't know how they will react to a dog but we shall see. i want him to be insured, like a car so for whatever reason the insurance is with him all the time not just under the house.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I'm curious to see if anyone else gets some of this insurance, my aunt is looking at adding a pit bull type dog to her home and she needs some liability insurance since she's not the most responsible owner even of her chihuahua. I'm going to be starting my research on this tonight.

·
Registered
859 Posts
wat do u mean she's not the most responsible owner?? Then wouldn't an APBT not be good for her??? :/

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
wat do u mean she's not the most responsible owner?? Then wouldn't an APBT not be good for her??? :/
No, an APBT would not be good for her! I don't have mind control over her though so she's gonna do what she's gonna do. Her son is pawning off his dog on her... I see that dog ending up put down or in my facility within the year. They trust the dog not to fight lol.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok well i got my quote back for renters insurance. for coverage up to 500k, it's $22.89 per month, basically it covers me as a renter and my pooch who is family:)

i thought it was like a car insurance thing where he has the card just for him..haha no it pretty much covers any loss or accident within the house.

what's also cool is that the lady owns a pit puppy:woof:

i looked up einhorn insurance. hope this helps those that are gonna go ahead and do this.

the only other info they need from me is my auto insurance. my driving record is pretty clean so i should be good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts