Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jinx (very cute black and white pit); wont stop licking her leg and wont stop chewing things up! I have been through so many dog beds and two sofas, she licks her leg raw that she constantly has to wear her buster collar!(for months) she is 7 years old already but still acts like a puppy!!! She loves every body and other dogs! she is so so sweet but so destructive! I cant let her wear a buster collar for ever and now she has no bed to sleep on!!!

Have I been a bad doggy mommy and let her act like a puppy for years or is this in their nature?? I dont know what to do with her any more...:confused: I'm new to this forum and it looks great!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
What are you feeding her, and what is her exercise regiment?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
sounds like she might be bored and have some pent up energy that needs to be expelled , also crate training would have a been a good idea . you can still crate train now but it coulda saved your couches if you had done it young and use the crate when you cant supervise. doesn she have things she can chew on ? kongs , bones ect?

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I would say she needs to be in the crate when not supervised to start. Let her earn the right to be loose. Also, as they asked above, how many miles do you walk a day. If I do not take mine on at LEAST 3 miles, he will act up and be a ball of energy. 3 is my marker. Anything more is even better, but less than 3 he acts up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but what is a crate? does this mean that she is locked up during the day when I'm at work? all this advice has been very helpful!

I think she needs more exercise but i dont always have the time!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am goona go buy more things for her chew, they dont last very long though, pool noodle= "gone in 30 Seconds" ha ha ha

THANKS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
a crate is a pen that yes trhey get locked up in. If introduced properly and shown its not a bad place they actually learn to love it , I train mine when they are small pups to get used to it and during the day when they are free i leave them open quite often I will find them snoozing in there. You can get xxl ones if you have the space we have one of those and I think me and the kids and all the dogs could fit in there , put a big dog bed in there its comfy lol. otherwise all they need is a big enough one where they can stand and be able to turn around.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
what about getting a beat up second hand treadmill, so you can pup your pup on it to use when you are home?

What kind of toys or chews? Have you tried deer antlers? or Frozen peanut butter in a kong or something? He is able to lick at the peanut butter instead of his paw when he is in the crate.

I also have tried the inflatable collar for my boy, its easier for him to drink and still move through my small apartment than most collars

Kong Cloud Collar: x Large - Necks 18" and Up #ELX - Collars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts