Go Pitbull Forums banner

Lifting his Leg....?

Tags
leg lifting
2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Karma25 
#1 ·
Well im not sure if anyone knows anything about this but i have a 5 month old bully and he hasnt started lifting his leg to pee yet? is this normal? I have a 6 year old female german shephard and i think he is following her.... Is it just to early for him to be lifting his leg or is it to late..... :-(

#9 ·
Mine does not and he doesn't do life all the time either. Grass he kinda squats but if he has a tree or bush he lifts his leg. Its not messy or anything. Why do you care if he lifts his leg or not? lol

#10 ·
we had a male st bernard that we rescued that never lifted his leg we figured he was maybe six. some times if they dont see another dog do it they dont learn.

#13 ·
Sarge didnt start lifting his leg til he was over a year and still today at 2 and a half he only lifts his leg if hes peeing on a tree or bush. I have never had a problem with marking in the house but I know that little sucker marks my flower bins outside dang it!! lol dont worry its normal.

#14 ·
My 2.5 year old boy very rarely lifts his leg, but I had him neutered as soon as I could. If you are going to keep your guy intact, I would say it's only a matter of time before he starts getting territorial and marking on things, or he might never do it if he doesn't see other males do it. Some dogs just never will though, I think it depends on the dog. Just have to wait and see. :)

#17 ·
Our guy Chewee is three years old and he almost never lifts his leg to pee...only on something that looks good enough to him does the leg go up.... :roll: I wouldn't worry about it, just let him do what works for him... nothing wrong with a good old 'girly' pee from your stud man dog... ha ha ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.