Go Pitbull Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
@ Angel, Yes that would be seal. That's what confused me about Dosia, because he also has a blue cast in his coat as well. FH called it "slate blue"

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I always thought sable was the black color but with the red undertones to it , would that be called seal then?
Seal is a dark sable.

·
Banned
319 Posts
here is one for you guys... I dont know bunnys gentic color code but I would like to find out !

so if you could please come up with a code and explination genticly i would be very happy :)

bunny is white with a black nose,...

in the summer she only has ticking visible on her ears,... they are black ticks, her body you can only see her spots on the skin.

in the winter she grows in her winter coat and the undercoat shows "grey" ticking on her body.

pics-

WINTER COAT-

SUMMER COAT---

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Bunny is so awesome. My old American Bulldog Mary Jane was the exact same way, most of her spots were on the skin and not the fur. Here's a few baby pics of our girl, R.I.P. MJ

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Helena developed black spots on her skin where her coat is white, and it shows through really well because she doesn't have much hair due to demo mange as a puppy. I believe the black spots are caused by the sun, as she develops more and more each year. SHe did not have them as a puppy.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
KG420 your dog is beautiful, looks a lot like me in color, only mine has no brindle tint to him... He either looks chocolate or black
What a looker :woof::woof:
They are very close in color, D just has a bit of blue cast in his coat.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Helena developed black spots on her skin where her coat is white, and it shows through really well because she doesn't have much hair due to demo mange as a puppy. I believe the black spots are caused by the sun, as she develops more and more each year. SHe did not have them as a puppy.
Brutus had this. They are freckles, since they are on the skin and not the fur and yes, they do get darker in the sun, just like people :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
our sable pup from our litter , his color has changed so much it was very noticible when he was younger.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
^^ he's so big now. Such an adorable boy. His face looks like his daddy for sure.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Kangol has the same thing but they are just pigmentation, which actually keeps them from burning. White dogs or predominantly white dogs that do not have these are more prone to getting burned than those that do.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Kangol has the same thing but they are just pigmentation, which actually keeps them from burning. White dogs or predominantly white dogs that do not have these are more prone to getting burned than those that do.
Mary Jane was like that too. Poor thing always got sun burnt on her muzzle every time we went to the lake.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
^^ he's so big now. Such an adorable boy. His face looks like his daddy for sure.
Ya he is huge now thats not even the newest pics lol , He is probably close to 15 -20lbs he is massive.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Dang girl he is a big boy. Totally taking after his daddy :) I'd love to see some new pics, wink wink nod nod :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blue Brindle??

I have been told this color is blue bridle or "reverse" blue bridle(I know this is not really a color, I have just been told he is that color) ...All I do know is that he is grey in some light but in full sun he is a brown dog....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
That is a regular Blue brindle what people call a reverse is actually a fawn blue brindle and the fawn would be more prominent then the blue..

My boy is registered with ADBA as reverse blue brindle although knowing more now he should be registered Fawn Blue Brindle

Attachments

61 - 80 of 102 Posts