Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I just want to know if there is any higher risk with her going into surgery being an "albino"-ish dog? I am paying every single extra fee for iv/fluid and bloodwork for her surgery because I'm very worried about something happening to her ...
Also, she hasn't had a change in diet or exercise but it seems like she's getting a poochy tummy? Is this a hormonal thing? Is it normal or should I be concerned that maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Lastly, as an update, I finally convinced my hubby that we will NEVER get rid of Leo! :D
I told him if I got my blood drawn I was keeping him forever and he agreed! Now just to get the blood work out of the way on Tuesday...that will be a challenge...first time in 20yrs because of an extreme phobia!

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
If you are concerned, make sure you have pre-anesthetic blood work done to make sure she is healthy enough.

Many think because they have a white dog it is albino. If your vet was concerned that this was truly what she was he'd tell you.

Many people spay at around the age she is and do just fine. Every dog is different so I'd bring up all your concerns with the vet.

There are a lot of myths and misconceptions out there about color. Kudos for you for asking questions.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure if she is really albino because she has blue on her nose but she doesn't produce a single hair that has color & her eyes are blue... I'm having really bad anxiety about her surgery even though were getting a fluid therapy iv & blood work... I wish we would've been more educated before getting her from a byb so I would know her health history better :/

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is true... I guess I'm just worrying too much... googling death from spay surgery probably didn't help either....she just seems smaller than most pits her age so I worry shell be given too much anesthetic...

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
This is true... I guess I'm just worrying too much... googling death from spay surgery probably didn't help either....she just seems smaller than most pits her age so I worry shell be given too much anesthetic...
Why don't you wait a little longer to spay her then? Let her develop and grow more and if she has one heat what's the big deal? If your are worried about her being smaller than that's what I would do is wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.