Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loki's weight pulling harness came in on Tuesday from Mighty Harness! I was a little nervous because it can be hard to tell exact colors over the internet and she originally suggested silver with blue instead of the brown but I love it!
I haven't put anything on the back of it yet but hes really good wearing it.

My question is how can I tell if it fits him properly? This is my first harness and I'm not sure how they're supposed to look slack.

Here's some pics of him in it!

It seems a little short to me...?

This is me in it...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I was wondering what a good way to build drive is? It'll sometimes take me a couple treats for him to focus on chasing a ball soo yeah...haha not a high drive guy on my hands.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
LOL cute pics. I wouldn't use treats to bribe him, but give the treats as a reward when he does good. I'd start him out with some rocks in a milk jug tied to the back just so he gets use to the sound and the idea of having something behind him. As he gets use to it then start with small weights.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeahh that's what I've heard is not to use treats to get them to pull, I used them when he first had his harness on but since he's good with it now I haven't.

Is using toys better than treats? He's really good with his flirt pole but as far as that helping him build drive I'm not sure if it's working...

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
You want him to pull because he want to not cause he's after something. Also if you do pulls with him they do not allow you to bait the dog, they can injure themselves. When I do training with D I'm always giving him praise and assuring him. "Go", "good, boy", and "work" are usually all we say durring practice.

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Looks like a very nice harness, the colors look great on him :) Very nice pics, especially that last one haha ;)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
You want him to pull because he want to not cause he's after something. Also if you do pulls with him they do not allow you to bait the dog, they can injure themselves. When I do training with D I'm always giving him praise and assuring him. "Go", "good, boy", and "work" are usually all we say durring practice.
:goodpost:
Baiting can make a dog frustrated too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'm not worried I think once he has a little something to pull he'll really like it.

Does it look short in the back? It bugs him a little because the bar hits his ankles when he walks and sometimes his back leg gets caught in it...

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Hold the bar up when he walks, you can clip it into the leash along with his collar too. =]

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Hook it to something so that it is straight back and get pictures then and send them to the maker and they should tell you if it fits how it should.

Thats what I did with min and she told me what needed to be change so I better measure next time ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts