Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wound up buying Lina a 6' bungee leash online which arrived last week. I already had a harness for her, so to complete the package I got a 4' longboard for me. The goal here is to have her run to get exercise while I tag along for moral support. BTW, I am NOT a runner...never have been, never will be - hence the longboard.

So we went outside yesterday afternoon after I got home from work to try it out. At first, she was a bit confused which is understandable. She's never done anything like this before. But after a few minutes, she started to get the hang of it. The next thing I know, I'm flying down the street with Lina sprinting at full speed. She had a big grin on her face & loved it!

What puzzled me is that every now & then, she would turn her head back while running and become a bit frightened. There were times where she was nipping at the board and even jumped up to nip me a couple of times.

Anyone know why she would do this? My guess is that she was scared and nipped out of fear. I also think that if we keep doing this on a regular basis, she would get used to it and enjoy it even more. Do you think this is accurate?

All in all, it was a good time. I think we're both looking forward to doing it again.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

I actually just got done longboarding with her a few minutes ago. She did absolutely wonderful this time around! We did 2 laps around the apartment complex and she loved it! She was running full speed most of the time with a stop every now & then to peepers. I'm gonna try to snag some video next time so you all can see. It's really quite awesome!

Could this be a new sport? Doggie drag racing?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Whats a long board? Just curious, like a skateboard? Glad she is doing better with it, probably just a bit scared at first and will do better each time you go out.

·
Registered
1 Posts

hello every one i have a blue nose pit the people i got here from f*** me on the paper work now i dont know what to do please help me

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
hello every one i have a blue nose pit the people i got here from f*** me on the paper work now i dont know what to do please help me
hi, start your own thread you will get more responses. Also, you can't swear like that in open forum, some are OK, but not the one you are trying to use. What was the situation? You should be able to register them yourself, but more will chime in on your own thread...

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, a longboard is just a long skateboard. I bought a 4' one...plenty of room & stability.

We just got back from longboarding this morning & I snapped a quick video while we're out. It's not the best quality but you get the idea. I'll shoot more later.

Longboarding with Lina - YouTube

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
That looks like fun im sure that will drain her energy :). Just watch her pads running like on cement can do damage if they are tender, may find at 1st she is sore they wll probably toughen up once she is used to it. That was my only concern. Wish I could do that skateboards and me dont get along though lol, crush can skateboard though ;)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I longboard with Dosia :) he loves it. He did the same thing in the beginning, nipping and biting at the board. I think it's the noise of the wheels and something behind them that can be a bit scary for them if they're not used to it. Try starting out slow and keep the dog in a "heel" at first. If you notice him looking at the board or wheels tell him leave it. The more you go out with him the more comfortable he will be with it. Dosia is perfect on the board now. He knows lots, like turning corners, slowing down, and stopping on command :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I don't longboard because I seem to be horrid at it, and didn't stand a chance let alone with a dog pulling me along. lol I do bikejoring though, teaching a emergency recall could come in handy. If a cat runs across our trail you bet there would be a large speed increase. xD So verbal control is quite important too.

It's definitely a lot of fun and the dogs love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts