Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 5am, Just got done Snow Blowin 8" of Unexpected Snow. Getting ready for our Trip for a crop, about 1.5 hrs from here,not bad except for the weather. I am So Nervous You'd think I was Getti MINE DONE,lol..
Wish "Crush" Luck..I'm goin inbetween Show/short w/Half Bell...Update Pic's Later....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cant wait to see the end result... dont envy you down there with the snow though lol , hope it stays there im so ready for spring up here.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
good luck!!!

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx Peeps, I decided against the females ears, Hers stay perched Pefect now ,Face forward over her Forhead and there Small, She's Cute..So just Crush's Grey Elephant ears, lol..ltr

And yes, I'll Spare u the snow and keep it here, Why all Suffer ,lol;)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Awe...good luck. I would be nervous too. I'm not for cropping but it's my personal opinion :) Bella has nice short ears too and they are so soft and velvety <---I don't think that's a word LOL! I love floppy ears. Looking forward to pics :roll:

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OMG..Where Home and Im Freakin, lol...I just went and Bought the CONE because Hes Diggin Like Nuts at them, There Taped but he's tryin everything to get them Off and Im holdin the poor Pup Down !!! PLUS, the Cone is Pushing the Taped Ears FORWARD...Any Sugestions, Or Should i just Chill The H E (double Hockey Sticks ) OUT !!!!! lmbo
Hes On my lap and I got him calm now.
They gave me no meds,is there anythng to help the itch or healing i can give him,.

Attachments

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fed him by hand,and used a tiny cup i lift up so he can drink..i cant take cone off AT All....he's nuts about the ears and will tare them out, even if the cone bends the ears wrong ill have to fix and tape after stitches i guess.. i am so tired..looks like a night of holding him and sleepin on the couch ...GN:sleep:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
calm down lol he will be fine, dont worry too much about the ears hitting the cone right now , did they give you instructions to remove the tape after 48 hours or anything? they didnt give you any meds at all? my dogs always came home with meds but I know some vets do it different. cive him a normal bowl he will figure out how to eat and drink as long as the bowl can fit insde his cone and he can reach. Luna went through like 5 cones she was very destructive with them but cali survived the whole 2 weeks with just the one. we never had to tape my dogs ears but I believe if you want to tape them you have to wait till the stitches are out anyways so just relax while it heals , any sign of infection or anything contact the vet, or any other concerns post them up someone may be able to answer them for you ..:) cant wait to see them what the tape is off :)

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
calm down lol he will be fine, dont worry too much about the ears hitting the cone right now , did they give you instructions to remove the tape after 48 hours or anything? they didnt give you any meds at all? my dogs always came home with meds but I know some vets do it different. cive him a normal bowl he will figure out how to eat and drink as long as the bowl can fit insde his cone and he can reach. Luna went through like 5 cones she was very destructive with them but cali survived the whole 2 weeks with just the one. we never had to tape my dogs ears but I believe if you want to tape them you have to wait till the stitches are out anyways so just relax while it heals , any sign of infection or anything contact the vet, or any other concerns post them up someone may be able to answer them for you ..:) cant wait to see them what the tape is off :)
LMBO..Im a NUT over here,hahaha... My wifes laughin sayin "see its ur own fault your nervous"..haha..I feel terrible for my boy, hes such a big baby, Plus its frigid out and he wont go outside, he"s cryin when i bring him to go potty like someones Chokin him !
No med's, Nothin, The Vet's like 70 yrs old, he said he used a clamp or somthing to crop them,Strait cut?? He didnt DO the Mesurement i marked, he said when he cleaned the ear the marker came off, I said i told you 1 3/4, he said, well thats about what i do anyway...It figures Im somone that likes things my way and i get some Old guy set in his ways...Anyway, all the other dogs i saw that he does are good, so im not worried about that..But he stitched and Taped them, and said come back Monday to get stiches out and we will retape them???/ IDk..he said that the Right ear (on the inside were he didnt cut) wants to roll up, so he he taped it good, and it might need help he said for a while, Tapeing them from the Outside Inward twords back of head to front..IDK..If anyone has Sugestions ill take them !! he gave me None,,,Thx for the food/water Info..ill use a small bowl..Id it ok to let him walk around with the other dogs ? I made them all stay away from Him, and the cones longer than his head, so he cant pick up bones etc..Hes MAD !!!

Angel, Should I take the Tape off after 2 days ? He said keep it on and retape if needed ? Whats Best ?

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
OMG Our dogs are like twins now!(that is not me in the pic btw)

I debated getting Beia's done,cause they're so funny looking,but I decided it wasn't necessary since she's not in show,and I think they make her look cute.

I bet his will turn out awesome! Can't wait to see~

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i cant see the top , is it that a battle crop, or is it just because i cant see his head ontop ?

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
She doesn't have her ears done,this was so she would not chew her stitches off after getting spayed. I never cropped my dogs ears.
I don't think it is necessary(for me) unless they're going into show,which they're not.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She doesn't have her ears done,this was so she would not chew her stitches off after getting spayed. I never cropped my dogs ears.
I don't think it is necessary(for me) unless they're going into show,which they're not.
ohhhhh, lol..they look like there Missing in that pic,lol..Must be back.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I go with what your vet recommended cause every vet does it different. I was told with cali to take off after 48 hours but her bandages were wrapped around her head and i dont know if it was slipping back or if she was just very swollen but it was effecting her breathing so we took off a little after 24hours. Luna came home with no tape but we got her the next morning cali was home a few hours after the surgery. Mine were allowed around our other dogs after a couple days of healing but we had to supervise we didnt want any rough play so watch how they get along its expensive to have to keep buying cones lol. we were told stitches for 10 days but luna ended up going 13 days and cali had some out at 10 days and a couple werent quite ready so if its a big drive for you take a look at them yourself if they still look red and not all the way healed i would leave it longer then monday for sure. { thats only what 7 days?}

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I go with what your vet recommended cause every vet does it different. I was told with cali to take off after 48 hours but her bandages were wrapped around her head and i dont know if it was slipping back or if she was just very swollen but it was effecting her breathing so we took off a little after 24hours. Luna came home with no tape but we got her the next morning cali was home a few hours after the surgery. Mine were allowed around our other dogs after a couple days of healing but we had to supervise we didnt want any rough play so watch how they get along its expensive to have to keep buying cones lol. we were told stitches for 10 days but luna ended up going 13 days and cali had some out at 10 days and a couple werent quite ready so if its a big drive for you take a look at them yourself if they still look red and not all the way healed i would leave it longer then monday for sure. { thats only what 7 days?}
YES, 7 Day's ??? That sounds Nuts to me !! Ive gotten stitches all my life and NEVER less than 10 Day's !! IDK, this Guy is a good vet it seem's, just Dry as Toast, he passes everything threw his Tech to tell you, (He cant hear anymore) LMBO..Everyone else i know got them Out when he said,7 days, but thats Odd to me..
Crush is Better this Morning, I guess he had me so worked up last night because he was Druged terrible bad...He couldnt do anything...This Morning he running into everything, Eating on his Own ect...But he Is P*ssed about that Cone, he cant get Comfortable because he ussually only sleeps on his back, so more than anything he is Agitated....I dont want to look at the stitches because IDK if the Vet put Gause over the stitches THEN Tape, Id hate to pull tape and they were stuck to a Stitch, OUCHHHHHHHHH...The vet said he will Put him OUT again to take stitches out bbecause its Uncomfortable for them, so atleast he's Caring...The last time I held my Dog while that other vet Took them out and she Screamed TERRIBLE...Thats why i was So Flustered last Night, The last time i went threw this it was a Nightmare w/ the Vet I told you was Prosicuted and Lost his Licence, Im Shell Shocked!!!!!!!!!!!
TY for the responces, IDK who's a Bigger Baby, ME or CRUSH, hahaha...

IM WATCHING THE TODAY SHOW AND SOME NUT JUST TRIED TO TACKLE THE NEWS REPORTER IN N.Y....THEY SWITHED OVER TO ANOTHER CAMERA AND I GUESS THE NYPD GOT THE GUY ON THE GROUND...WHAT NUTS..HAHAHA

1 - 20 of 53 Posts