Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can never help myself to take in abandoned animals I guess that's the soft side of me. I was out and about and saw a few kittens under a car. There are a TON of stray cat's over where I live. Poor little things it was 90 degree's out and one of them came out to my daughter crying and was licking a little puddle of water. I couldn't just freaking leave them. So I managed to pull the other 2 out from under this car and just took them home. Bathed them fed them and I have ordered some frontline and drontal to rid them of any fleas and worms. I have an appointment to get them spayed and neutered next month and I will probably keep them for awhile until I can place them in good homes. It really upsets me that people let their cat's out intact to breed freely within the neighborhood. I am not sure how long these little one's would have lasted had I not taken them in. They appear to be about 6-8 weeks old. I have no idea what breed they are other than they are really playful and sweet. And I am glad I got them when I did they are a little thin but not too bad.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awww they're totally adorable. Poor little guys, they're lucky you saved them.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Krystal I felt so bad it was so hot out I just couldn't leave them they are babies and I felt like crap. I had to take them if I didn't they would have died I am sure of that. If it's one thing I can do is get them fixed and feed and house them until I can get them homes. But just leaving them was not an option.

·
Banned
314 Posts
That was the right thing to do, IMO...

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I know how you feel. I can't turn away a sad furry face in need either. It gets super hot over here too and being in that kind of heat with no water they don't really stand a chance. Poor babies, I bet they just love you right now :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Awww they are so cute :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
yea that was for sure the right thing to do.
so what are you going to do with them? :)
they are little cuties

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I imagine one of the many strays over here mated had the kittens fed them until weaned and the litter mates stuck together once the mother left them. They were all under a car hiding probably trying to stay cool. It's funny because they are all just running around everywhere it feels like animal kingdom right now LOL. They have been sleeping in a pile on my bed LOL. Yes I think they love me and my kids they have been marking us like crazy. Cute little squishy's for sure.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea that was for sure the right thing to do.
so what are you going to do with them? :)
they are little cuties
Blondie right now I am just trying to get them healthy. I put in an order for de-wormer and flea preventative. I am going to get them spayed/neutered next month. Get them their shot's and try and place them my sister want's one. My daughter is asking me to keep them LOL. I will keep them as long as it takes to get them healthy and find them good homes. Right now they need to be together and I will make sure they get everything need before I even think of letting them go to anyone. Until then they are just running around all over the place playing, eating and sleeping. LOL

·
Registered
231 Posts
Blondie right now I am just trying to get them healthy. I put in an order for de-wormer and flea preventative. I am going to get them spayed/neutered next month. Get them their shot's and try and place them my sister want's one. My daughter is asking me to keep them LOL. I will keep them as long as it takes to get them healthy and find them good homes. Right now they need to be together and I will make sure they get everything need before I even think of letting them go to anyone. Until then they are just running around all over the place playing, eating and sleeping. LOL
this is kind of funny because we were just talking about cats and then you posted this haha :p
im sure you will find homes for these little guys quick

Eric

·
Banned
314 Posts
My town has a cat catch policy where they provide crate traps to catch 'em, then they are taken to be fixed, then brought back. It's been for over a year now, but the cats are still coming. Hard to control...

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Eagle it makes no sense to let these animals just mate freely. There are so many low cost spay and neuter clinics in town why don't they just take their pet's and get them fixed? I don't get it really. If you have cat's that you are going to let outside to wander they need to be fixed.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
my grandmas neighbor hood is having the same problem we got to rescue one from the litter last year but this year we caught one and rehomed it but the mother got spooked and ran off with the other 4 kittens. same momma every time too she does produce some good looking kittens though had one white one with a mohawk that was orange then 2 long haired tabbies and a 2 short haired tabbys. we've been meaning to try to catch the mother and fix her but no ones seen her in a while.

·
Banned
314 Posts
Eagle it makes no sense to let these animals just mate freely. There are so many low cost spay and neuter clinics in town why don't they just take their pet's and get them fixed? I don't get it really. If you have cat's that you are going to let outside to wonder they need to be fixed.
That's correct. The problem in my town is strays. For years people fed them, put milk or water out, but they grew wild. Only the young ones seem tame. This is why there are fines for feeding. Humans created this problem...some people just never learn to take responsibility for their acts of doing or not doing. They blame others, but always fail to look towards themselves. It's like a disease, it really is. I really feel sorry for the cats, and I've never had one myself...one wild cat used to share food with my Alaskan Malemute years ago, but that was it. It was a female tiger striped grey and black. But that was in the country. I see more in town, so that equals the equivalent of cats getting dumped or loose. We know the answer to the problem, but nobody ever does a thing about it...

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Good job Hun. They are adoreable. Cats arent my cup of tea but dang they are cute.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awwwww T I knew you had a soft side :p I really like the darker striped one and the gray one, omg I want a kitty so bad too. hmmmmm :p I think Krystal has my kitten though. Is awesome you are doing what you are doing I would have done the same thing. Hugs

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
You crack me up Tara! your a softy, how could you say no? Carley always brings home strays like that.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Excellente`.........

Way to rescue ranger! :D just playin very good save! Love the lil black one your playin with in pic..

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You crack me up Tara! your a softy, how could you say no? Carley always brings home strays like that.
Lol I wouldn't have been able to sleep had I just left them. And my kid would grow up to think I was a mean mf to just leave them like that. Redog these kids get this bringing pets home all the time from someone wInk wink :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Oooooh Kittens are feisty little buggers. I have to clean the cat room at the shelter sometimes. (Larger square room with sliding glass and kitten proof mesh doors)
While I'm sitting there cleaning they climb up by back, bite my legs, jump up at me, and some will start screaming.
I'm glad you took them in, I am the same way. I just can't leave animals behind.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.