Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the girlfriend was hanging out with a friend of ours, getting lunch and doing some light shopping. Well she went to the Salvation Army because she likes finding cool stuff for cheap and has taught me the ways of saving a buck haha ;)

Well I get a text asking me if I would like a vintage pit bull book. I'm like, whatever about it but something told me to ask her the author. She replies Richard F. Stratton. I tell her "yes yes yes yes yes" hahaha. I personally haven't read anything by him, but I have read numerous posts on here that he has written really good books about our breed and some about game dogs in particular (right?). So I'm excited to get my hands on this original 1976 print of This is the American Pit Bull Terrier :)

Who would have thought you could get an original Stratton book at the Salvation Army for .99 ;)

Front

Back

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very cool!
You gotta compare it to todays apbt and let us know what you find?!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Nice find! And kudos to the girl... lol :D

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find!
Totally!! That's exactly what I told her haha

Very cool!
You gotta compare it to todays apbt and let us know what you find?!
I am definitely going to read it and compare the things that people talk about nowadays with the APBT. Maybe make a thread and have a little book report? haha

Nice find! And kudos to the girl... lol :D
Oh believe me, I gave her lots of kudos and told her she made a great find! She made sure to tell me to mention that she found it too ;)

Man that is BA!
Lol that's what I said!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
most of ours weve had to buy on amazon... but we bought that same book at the flea market for like 2.00 :D i would kill to be able to find more cheap like that but now i look everyweek and cant find anymore :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have had my original for a long time..... last April, I had Mr. R. Stratton, himself sign it (have a cool picture of us) and Floyd signed it as well! I was talking to Floyd this past weekend at the show... very awesome man! (have a pic of us).

ERIC...that is awesome that you found that! Even the ones at the event looks different from your book and my book.

If you can get to an USDO event, you can have them sign it ;)Happy readings... you'll enjoy it!
:goodpost:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Super Awesome!! :)

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
if your anything like me,you'll read it cover to cover in one setting.
thats what I did when I got mine.of course, when I got them they were the first prints.who'd A thunk they'd become so mainstream?(pits)

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats what I did when I got mine.of course, when I got them they were the first prints.who'd A thunk they'd become so mainstream?(pits)
Haha you know Will, I probably will be reading this book when I get it and have it done this weekend. I'm definitely going to try to find more of Stratton's books. Gotta get my knowledge up there!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
my husband is the same way.... hes read that paticular one about 20 times :roll: i luv the book but i cant keep reading it over and over :D

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
thats cool as im looking for books atm on ebay and i found the world of the american pitbull terrier from richard stratton for $100 i wish you could find APBT books at garage sales here in aus there not as popular over here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts