Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, New to the forums but have been searching high and low for a good breeder. We would love to bring home a Blue Pit but I keep running into these bully websites and don't want that. Looking for a traditional athletic build dog with great temperment. We need a family dog and having grown up with pits I am pretty set in my ways about how they should look and these bully blues aren't cutting it to say the least. Any suggestions on a good breeder?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
blue is a bully color , you will have a hard time finding a APBT with the blue color. have you maybe been looking at the classic style bully thinking it was a APBT?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Look for a UKC APBT or AKC Amstaff breeder. You can find blues well bred to standard. Blue is not a bully color. Finding a blue gamebred dog is different, but a dog that is within APBT standard is not an impossible feat. If you are searching for kennels that advertise they have blues that is why you are going to find worthless kennels as they are the ones using blue as a selling ploy. However their are breeders who produce fine looking blues.

Nevada Kennels APBT's and SBT's
BLU PRINT KENNELS
Taylor Made Terriers
Welcome

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Look for a UKC APBT or AKC Amstaff breeder. You can find blues well bred to standard. Blue is not a bully color. Finding a blue gamebred dog is different, but a dog that is within APBT standard is not an impossible feat. If you are searching for kennels that advertise they have blues that is why you are going to find worthless kennels as they are the ones using blue as a selling ploy. However their are breeders who produce fine looking blues.
Thanks, actually we used to have them quite frequently in the litters we would breed. We dont have any now or any plans but Im sure you can find some. Where are you located.

Also before anyone jumps them, its ok to look for a dog based on color. If that is what you want get it. What is not ok is to judge a dogs performance on color, or IMO to breed specifically for a particular color.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Also before anyone jumps them, its ok to look for a dog based on color. If that is what you want get it. What is not ok is to judge a dogs performance on color, or IMO to breed specifically for a particular color.
:goodpost: I bought my girl just for the color I went and found the one i liked and it even came down to markings lol { saw some all blue and no markings and it wasnt the look i wanted} you can have prefrences just makes it a bit tougher and may have to wait a bit longer for that right one to come along. But anything good is worth waiting for that right one :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I do have some really nice blue dogs but nothing that I will be breeding for a long time. I just picked up a really nice pup that will throw some blue dogs but she will not be bred for a long time, she is only 12 weeks! Thanks for thinking of me but I have nothing right now.

What type of dog are you looking for? A big blue dog, more of a original APBT style dog, or a UKC style dog? that would help to try and steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
420 Posts
hey monster hit me up... I got one sibling left off the pup that performance is getting... she was promised to someone and they fell through so she is for sale... 12 weeks old coming off a conformation Ch and the dam is 100% conformationally correct also, so the pups are bred to be hot and great lookers...

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts