Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is robert dunn i live in kokomo indiana and i am looking for some one to help me out i am looking for a pitbull puppy for me 3 sons i love pits they are one of the best dogs you can get i don't have a lot of money and i am hoping to find someone with a little generosity and willing to help out a 3 little boys with a friend and a protector for the times i can't be there.if anyone can help me out my email is [email protected] feel free to ask any question you feel you need to

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
Welcome to GP!

You should do a little research before setteling on a dog. If you are looking for a protector I would suggest going the American Bulldog route. APBTs aren't generally good protection dogs. Spend some time on here, and ask a few questions. I'm sure you'll learn what needs to be learned and then be able to make an informed decision from there. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pits are the only dog i know and trust other than boxers i don't want a boxer just mainly because of their cancer problems.and really my house don't need a protector i live in a good neighborhood i know that doesn't always mean any thing but its good here.i really just want a friend for my boys they love dogs and if i am going to get a dog its going to be a pit preferably and American...my last pit was an american blue nose i named zula she looked like a holstein cow she was beautiful..

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
like Ecko said, take ur time and do some research. there are no "types" of pits. there is only one, the American Pit Bull Terrier or APBT. red and blue are just colors not types. there are other breeds that are often refered to by the public as "pit bulls" but are indeed seperate breeds. American Bullies, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier are the most common. And to a lesser extent American Bulldogs, Cane Corso, Dogo de Argentino, and Presa Canario. and any combination of these mentioned dogs would be considered a mix, mutt or mongrel. the regestries confuse people more by letting dogs register as something they are not, most notably American Bullies as APBTs via the UCK.

my point to this, is do ur research and dont be in a hurry. there are alot of people out there trying to sell u something that they simply do not have ;)

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
This really isn't a protector breed, but all dogs have issues when they are not bred properly. I would check some local rescues around you or petfinder. They will have low fees and might even already be s/n. If you read about these dogs and still decide, I look forward to seeing some pictures! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
After doing research on these breeds, maybe try going to your local shelter?

Many shelters are overwhelmed with "pitbull type", "bully type" dogs. They are just as great as any other dog. :)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Seems everyone who posted before me has given excellent advice. I just want to point out the fact that while we do have a select few reputable breeders on here, we're not a puppy peddling service, and we don't condone the sale of dogs/pups on this site. We do offer assistance with placing adoptable dogs in our Adopt-A-Bulls section, so feel free to browse that section and see if there's a dog currently available in your area and contact the OP for more information.

Best of luck in your search and I hope you stick around and learn all there is to learn about these dogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts