Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one from Collar Mania not too long ago. I had it for like 2 months before it just started falling apart. I got it for Clyde and he only wore it around the house and yard. I didn't use it for walks or anything. I liked the no buckle slip adjustment, but it fell apart way to quick. It cut Holly's finger when she grabbed his collar one day. It had some sort of clear plastic thread that was coming apart. I assume that is what cut Holly. So I'd like a similar collar but one that won't come apart with regular use. So does anyone know where I can find one? I might just have to buy some fabric and cover a regular collar with it.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Aimee, collar slip covers are the best and really easy to make, I am not sure of any place that makes fabric collars, but let me know if you find something :D

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll let you know if I find something. I really like her collars, but I can't afford to buy new ones for that price every 2 months. When I have had walmart collars that last for years. These ones have nylon underneath the fabric so they aren't just fabric. So I might just have to make the slip covers. Then if those happen to tear I can replace them, and it won't be costing an arm and a leg. The Collar Mania collar completely came apart though not just tearing fabric.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
uggghhhh, hate that. lmk, hope someone else can help you :D

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look nice. I'll check them out and ask her some questions. Thanks!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I am glad you posted this. I almost bought from collarmania. I like some of those collars but I don't like to pay for poor quality any more than you did. Did you write to them? I can not remember who I bought collars from a few yrs ago but they were ribbon collars and one day they were frayed and looked like my dog had it on for YEARS!! I wrote to her and I got all of my money back and she didn't want her collars either.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I actually didn't write her. I will do that though and let you know how it goes.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I find that complaining is a good thing. No one wants to hear bad things about their product and with fb and forums these days you pretty much control their income.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Lisa is pretty good about making her products right. I bought a leather job with turquoise rhinestones which started popping off right away. She explained that the posts on the turquoise were short for a 2-ply collar, and replaced all of them with silver domes as per my request. I had 2 other fabric collars from her, and other than the fabric eventually wearing and showing the nylon underneath, I can't complain about them. Currently waiting on a fabric collar for Superman.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's great that you had a good experience with her. It hasn't been long I am still waiting to hear back right now.

I expected the fabric to wear, but not so fast. I definitely didn't expect the threads to come loose and be so sharp though. I'm sure that sharp thread didn't feel to good against Clyde's neck either.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I definitely didn't expect the threads to come loose and be so sharp though. I'm sure that sharp thread didn't feel to good against Clyde's neck either.
I sure didn't like it stabbing into my finger lol.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just wanted to add a little update. I have talked to Lisa at Collar Mania and she is making a replacement and sending me a return shipping label so I can send back the old one.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I bought Beastley a collar from Stillwater a year ago and it is wonderful. Shane is very accommodating. Today I received mine from Nimzo and it is beautiful. My husband got upset that I didn't buy one for Fat Boy. I told him his neck was too fat. So I gave the Stillwater one to him and it fits his fat neck. Peace in the family again. lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
U know wat I liked the collars from collar shop and I waited FOREVER to recieve it, but it now has a tear after a month. So now she only wears that one around the house I don't dare walk her with it since it may snap, It could of been less then a month actually. I loved the designs but I just stuck to a walmart collar or leather which never has done me wrong :)

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Indie's Collarmania collar is still going strong after about 2 months. I walk her in it almost daily, and there's not much wear. Just a little bit of fabric wear under the d-ring, but it's not affecting the strength of the collar at all. However, it is a 2" bar buckle collar, so it's definitely sturdy. I noticed the almost fishing-line type thread she's using.. it seems to be holding up as well. Glad she's fixing it for you! ^^

1 - 20 of 20 Posts