Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been look forever for someone who breeds pitterpats( smal pit bred to patterdale terrier. if you dont know anything about them they are jacked like pits but the a little larger than a patterdale. please if anyone can help please help

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
ive been look forever for someone who breeds pitterpats( smal pit bred to patterdale terrier. if you dont know anything about them they are jacked like pits but the a little larger than a patterdale. please if anyone can help please help
Why do you want some hybrid over priced mutt?? Why not go for a pure and well bred Staffordshire bull terrier or American staff terrier? Better yet if you want to go smaller then how about a Boston Terrier.....

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Why do you want some hybrid over priced mutt?? Why not go for a pure and well bred Staffordshire bull terrier or American staff terrier? Better yet if you want to go smaller then how about a Boston Terrier.....
Two very different breeds. If the OP is looking for something smaller than an APBT then an Amstaff is not going to be much use to him/her.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Two very different breeds. If the OP is looking for something smaller than an APBT then an Amstaff is not going to be much use to him/her.
:goodpost: there good little hunters too, seen some that remind me of the Jagd Terrier.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I know they are two different breeds Aus lol! Geez, I would hope I knew that by now ;) but so isnt the pit bull and patterdale terrier mix that the OP is looking for. I am just saying that instead of a pitterpat why not go for a purebred dog thus being what I mentioned or even an APBT. Why a hybrid mutt? Or is this cross an acceptable working mixed breed to you? Maybe I am missing something.......:confused: I haven't read anything on here about pitterpats I figured they are catergorized as a hybrid mutt just like cockapoo's, schnoodle's, and puggles. I have seen owners post there Patterdale terriers and I think they are cool little dogs but why a pitterpat? Enlighten me :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Forget it....just did a little research on my own and found a pitterpat by the name of Sanchez who does WP. As KM stated I guess they make good little hunters as well.

Pitterpat

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Forget it....just did a little research on my own and found a pitterpat by the name of Sanchez who does WP. As KM stated I guess they make good little hunters as well.

Pitterpat
There good dogs, if you find yourself a working breeder thats worth your time usually wont be that expensive. (under $400)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Not into the pitterpats but there are some nice Jagdterriers and patterdales. Pitterpats can be just as big as a smaller APBT and if you are looking for a WP dog get an APBT, lol I am with BNB on this one ;)
The only time i ever agree on mixing breeds is for a purpose, granted i would never look into a "pitterpat" for many reasons but they can be good working dogs if bred with that in mind.

Only reason i've gone a little "against the grain" on this one is because i've seen how these dogs can be. Personally if i wanted a small pistol i'd get a Jagd in a heart beat.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pitterpats are used for hunting and are a very hard working dog. no they are not breed but they are also not a mutt. a mutt is a dog in my opinion that was bred on accident. and please to not think of them as a fad dog cause simply they are not. they were bred for wieght pullings low class and they did vry well. working dogs are bred for there ability to work and these dogs can work. conformation breed or what every shouldnt matter.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
There is a member on here (sorry can't remember the name) who has patterdales and I believe hunts with them. If they see this thread, they might be able to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts