Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing for a particular registry, I'm not asking for show. I'd like to know if y'all see anything that could hinder her in any particular sport, or if she would possibly excel or have an advantage in any. (It would be nice to focus on one at first)

I hope to do lure sports (oval, sprint, coursing), agility, weight pulling, and others but they are irrelevant to structure. Considered Schutzhund, but couldn't find any local clubs that I'm comfortable with, well 1 isn't horribly far but they place they rent for training doesn't allow Pit Bulls. -_- Sigh

I hope this is a decent free stack

I still need to get a front picture.

Thanks in advance. ^_^

·
Registered
962 Posts
all could make posts on how your dog "looks" but i would say that at your dogs next vet appointment ask what they would recommend for tests before any "high strain sport".

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hips and elbow x-rays are already going to be done. Did it with my last dog and that's all the vet really recommended. Other than keeping them trim and well muscled, keeping an eye out, etc.

Thanks though ^_^

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you two! I appreciate it, summer will be when we start getting into things so we're in no rush for the xrays. Still debating where to get them, found a place that does quality ones rather cheap (low income clinic) but doesn't do OFA, and then the expensive one which is where Dakota had his done.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I see nothing structurally that would help nor hinder her in movement.. Her back seems a bit straight but thats not such a bad thing.. Xrays will tell you for certain if thats what you have planned, its hard to say truly without having the ability to be there and see the function in movement first hand. Stills point out the obvious but can hide other concerns that movements may show.

Either way good luck.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you KM, I appreciate your input. :) Thankfully she's had no issues with hard workouts at home.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Very nice looking pup, you keep her in nice condition! I would say that she's lacking in depth of chest, which can affect her wind/endurance, and her shoulders are a bit straight. Love her rear angulation, her tailset, and her neck! :) Good luck w/ whatever sports you choose!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! :woof: I'll keep that in mind in the future, she's one of those you've gotta watch carefully since she'll overwork herself if she's really into it.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
2 great pictures really show absolutely nothing but a picture perfect dog.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
btw an overworked dog is not an apbt

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Very nice looking pup, you keep her in nice condition! I would say that she's lacking in depth of chest, which can affect her wind/endurance, and her shoulders are a bit straight. Love her rear angulation, her tailset, and her neck! :) Good luck w/ whatever sports you choose!
I'm going to pick your brain a bit on this one. Shoulders give me trouble, I don't know if I am looking at the wrong points? I like to see a 45 degree angle from the front point to the withers, seems like this dog is close to that. What am I missing?
I also don't consider a chest that drops below the elbows to be 'lacking in depth' What am I missing here?
I'm always interested in learning more on structure, all my dogs come as they are, lol

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
btw an overworked dog is not an apbt
My dog is a shelter dog, her heritage is unknown. I just call her a Pit Bull mix. And overworked isn't really the correct definition after looking it up, she pushes herself over her limits and keeps going. It gets over 100 here in the summer so I've got to really watch her with that. Plus she's not a water fan.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To add... Every dog has it's limits, that should be obvious, APBT is no exception. No dog can go forever, and I definitely don't think that's what makes the APBT a amazing breed or what makes them. APBTs are dogs that will push themselves over their limits, they will go until they drop. They're fearless and determined dogs with an unbeatable will power to succeed.

Goes back to "Game", a dog that will keep on going, keep fighting, despite being seriously wounded. They fight until they drop.

That's an APBT ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts