Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 6month pup lost his appetite today ..he would just eat lesser thAN usual ..
yesterday we were at the beach to swim ..did that had something to do with it?

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
my pup eats more or less depending on the day. as long as he is eating something and drinking, I personally wouldnt be worried. just watch him, and if it doesnt pick back up then go see a vet.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if he is drinking and not lethargic he is most likely fine. there appetite goes up and down as they grow and hit those growth spurts, same as children. If he isn't eating, acts lethargic, vomits or starts having diarreah I wouldn't worry at this point.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he's rather calm now i can say for sure ..cuz before everytime i let him in the house he runs around and bites anything ..now he just sits or lie down in one place or walk around , not much activity .. its a good thing right? he's not strained or anything ? ..about diarreah .what does his stool looks like if he has diarrhea?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did he drink any salt water while at the beach? Sometimes that will cause diarrhea. Previous advice is good....watch for vomiting, also, if you start seeing that, get to a vet.

·
Registered
962 Posts
He may have just overdone it playing at the beach, puppies are notorious for that, esecially since they tend to forget to drink water unless forsed to. Watch him and like said before make sure he is, at the very least still drinking water. If he starts vomitting, has loose/softer than normal stools, and seems very lethargic you will want to get him to the vet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there's a possibilty he was able to drink salt water..but i didint saw him submerged..his head was always on top of the water..he's not vomitting at all .. the only thing that bothers me is his coughs,though it doesent happen all the time.. he may have worms?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
as long as he's drinking water and eating something and keeping it down, i'm sure he's fine

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
have you kept him utd on his worming? if not then yes he may have worms. make sure you keep worming and shots UTD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts