Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Kayla, I've recently bought a new Pitbull, which bring my grand total up to 2! lol.

Mya is a Pit/Choc Lab mix that we rescued from the streets. She was a stray that was starving, soon after we rescued her she got Parvo and beat that too. She's been through a lot, but what rescued Pit hasn't? She's around 8 months old now, at least to the best knowledge of the Vet.

Akasha is Fullblooded Pit, Daddy is Razors Edge. We just bought her on Saturday and are so excited to have a puppy! We are debating on getting her ears cropped, until I found this forum I didn't even have any idea that there were so many different styles of crop! Her Registered name is Queen of The Damned, well at least it will be if its not too obscene for the ContKC. She's 7 weeks old.

Queen of The Damned aka Akasha by BlazerChick, on Flickr

Akasha by BlazerChick, on Flickr

Mya and Akasha by BlazerChick, on Flickr

If any fellow Winston Salem-ers can point me in the general direction of some good Vets that do Crops I'd love ya for it!

:woof:

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
oh CUTIES!!!!!! welcome

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Welcome! I love the pit/lab mix. And cute new puppy too. :) Stick around there is a lot to learn here.

·
3,272 Posts
Welcome! I love the pit/lab mix. And cute new puppy too. :) Stick around there is a lot to learn here.
i aww thinking the same thing! totally want to cuddle that chocolate baby

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
just a question why the ckc?

razor edge is an american bully bloodline though but people still register them as american pit bull terriers. cute dogs though im kinda partial to your lab mix :p

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
just a question why the ckc?

razor edge is an american bully bloodline though but people still register them as american pit bull terriers. cute dogs though im kinda partial to your lab mix :p
Ouch, didn't notice the CKC part... God I hate breaking people's hearts.

·
3,272 Posts
Nothing wrong with having a Bully though... Akasha is pretty danged cute :)
no its not the bully part or the how freakin cute the pup is. it the registry, is not such an ok one, ya know?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
no its not the bully part or the how freakin cute the pup is. it the registry, is not such an ok one, ya know?
Yeah.. I've heard they will register just about anything that looks like a dog. Kinda makes me glad that I don't have to worry about registry with either of mine. I know Caesar had papers at some point, but I don't feel like harrassing his 2nd owners for them. The person who bought Keira before leaving her where I got her said that I could call the kennel that bred her to get her papers, but I don't plan on doing anything with her, so why bother?

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I was not aware the CKC was bad. I know that they aren't as awesome as the AKC in terms of events and stuff. But the AKC has been around since what... like the 1900s and the CKC is fairly new right? The litter was already registered with them. This is my first "papered" dog so I am completely new to it. Can I cross register?

And thanks for the welcome. Everyone who's met Mya says shes the sweetest dog ever! lol. Akasha is too new and we haven't figured out her personality yet, but she seems feisty. Lets Mya know when she doesn't want to play. Tomorrow will be the first full day that she'll be with our 1 year old. He's been with his Gma all weekend.

Oh and since my name is Chevys and Pitties... here's my Chevy

2011-06-25 16.35.03 by BlazerChick, on Flickr

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
love the blazer by the way. my friend had one like that on big ol mudders truck was BAD. i never owned a papered dog until my wife got tini whos a mutt registered with the ckc. so im really not sure about cross registering. but good luck

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! She's still a work in progress. Rims need painted along with the interior, its still original color. And the motor needs fine tuned. You can barely see the nose of my dads 79 Blazer that is the reason I have one.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
sweet whats under the hood? i got a 68 impala that was harvested for my uncles split window pick up. needs the whole drive train down to the drive shaft and a steering column.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
welcome to GP :D

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sweet whats under the hood? i got a 68 impala that was harvested for my uncles split window pick up. needs the whole drive train down to the drive shaft and a steering column.
Black and Pink 358 4 Bolt Main TBI. I'd say its got about... 2 miles on it now. lol

Hm make sure the new pup being "feisty" isn't dog agression towards your mix. Especially since they're both females...
I'm keeping an eye out. The mix isn't used to playing with a puppy, so I think she is playing a little rough and the puppy doesn't like it. They sleep together so I don't think there is any dog aggression, and they just ate breakfast together with no problem which was very impressive.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
I was not aware the CKC was bad. I know that they aren't as awesome as the AKC in terms of events and stuff. But the AKC has been around since what... like the 1900s and the CKC is fairly new right? The litter was already registered with them. This is my first "papered" dog so I am completely new to it. Can I cross register?
no, you cannot cross register from CKC because they arent a legit registry.. nobody will accept their paper work except another one just like them.. i hope you didnt pay more because they claimed she was papered.. sorry butt byb'ers using a wack registry to sell dogs as papered..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts