Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Lucy had her follow up X-ray yesterday and the good news is she's healing. The bad news is that she broke 2 of her 3 pins when she started feeling better and despite crate rest and sedatives the little kangaroo crossbreed still managed to overdo it during the healing process and the bone healed just a little off from where it was set. She's getting around on it just fine, might be a little sore after getting up from resting but otherwise if it weren't for the scar and the muscle atrophy you'd never know she was hurt.

The vet mentioned that she is likely to have arthritis in that leg so I was planning on getting her started on some supplements to be proactive and help minimize any present or future discomfort for her. Anyone have any suggestions as far as arthritis and/or joint supplements for dogs? I figure the stuff you can get at the grocery store is about as high quality as the dog food you can buy there.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
My vet said Glucosamine for Mel. As well as aqua treadmill and or laser therapy. I'm looking into them as soon as money allows. How is the scar healing. Never saw this when you posted it originally found it looking for another thread lol

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Weird! I never saw this thread either! :/ hmmm... Anyway, that stinks that it is slightly off centered. I wish I had some suggestions for you. I can ask my friend what he gives his pup who shattered her elbow/leg.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies. I know glucosamine, I was just curious if one brand and/or method of ingestion was better than another. I ended up going with some whole food biscuits with glucosamine in them. We had another checkup today and she's healing great. The scar is a little wider than I'd like because it was really difficult for it to stay sealed due to the location but I've been putting nu-stock on it so hopefully the hair will grow back and cover it up.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Ouch. I hope the nustock helps.

MSK that looks great. Any of you used bee pollen? I use that for my dogs allergies but it also helps with joints so I'm wondering if I was to add another supplement if that would be overkill lol too much joint supplemented causing other issues is not why we need...

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Well I can say it worked for Bouncer the last year of his life. The Immunity supplement helped Dream with her allergies also. As far as the NutraVet I use that mostly with my pregnant females.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts