Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO. MANY. PUPPY. DRUGS. IN. MY. SYSTEM.

Ok, where the hell am I.

Chit I forgot how to get off the couch again...

Ya I got off the couch...

Why are my paws burning on this concrete?

Oh hey Karl...

No really dad...these are my friends. They're just acting weird today for some reason.

What the hell is up with these guys?

Screw you guys

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Girls getting big. And i think the drugged up dog faces are hilarious.

Hell dealing with the trapical storms on the obx is was worse then the snow in central Illinois. Chicago is always cold and windy it seems lol.
I agree! NC and SC are beautiful states to live in but ah ya, eff them hurricanes etc. My mother is from S. Florida and we own a house there and just a few years back a MASSIVE tree got uprooted in our neighbors yard and literally missed demolishing our house by 10 feet :cry::rain: Tropical storms/hurricanes and tornados are things that I just don't mess with! Lock me in the bunker basement with a bong and a pound :thumbsup: Oh ya, and Luna of course.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
I was like where they at, arizona or san antonio? LOL

Poor girly, thank her owner for AC!!! :D

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
That's just crazy high! I couldn't imagine I was dying last week at 96. Least you guys have AC. I do not poor Mel lol

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Funny you ladies mention the AC as I have a hunch it is posing to be a good and bad thing for Luna! She currently has a runny nose and just this morning I noticed some green mucous and crust around one of her nostrils and her nose is wet. She's sneezing as well and every now and then coughs up some junk :cry:

I'm thinking it's not only allergies but the temp change from 110 to 75 degrees (outside to inside) that has given her a cold! The wide range temp fluctuation, numerous times a day (out then in out then in etc) is definitely messing with her!

Any suggestions on over the counter /household remedy options? I'll post a pic up when I can. She definitely has a cold that has now turned into an infection possibly.:snow:

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here's some photos taken this morning. The eye discharge has always been there and some days are better than others. I wash her eyes religiously though. She has always had a visible 3rd eyelid which I understand is a flaw and potential health issue. It's just something she has to live with as it doesn't really seem to pose an issue.

Her nose though has never had green boogers which concerns me. After I clean her eyes and wipe her nose she's usually pretty good for a while (as in the boogers don't come back) but her nose does run more often than usual. She is not acting sick either...plenty of energy :pupruns:

How does everyone treat colds like this?

Thought I might add...she has been on grain free kibble since 10 weeks old. Orijen Red Regional and 6Fish and only grain free treats and bully sticks/buffalo jerky. So her allergy susceptibility should be super low as far as food is concerned.

This was also this morning...she met a friend (Daisy) at my local starbucks :)

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Maybe she picked up something while getting spayed? The only time I really see the green boogers is usually when I pick up a dog from surgery or they are really sick, which obviously Luna is not really sick ;) hopefully it passes fast!

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Maybe she picked up something while getting spayed? The only time I really see the green boogers is usually when I pick up a dog from surgery or they are really sick, which obviously Luna is not really sick ;) hopefully it passes fast!
Thanks! She is acting normal just a few sneezes here and there and I am wiping the running nose/boogers away religiously like an overprotective father :eek::snow: I was just wondering if there were any over the counter or home remedies for common colds in dogs?! Kind of along the lines of giving benadryl every day for allergies etc...

Her best friend Knox (95lb bully mix) currently has the runs and is showing signs of a cold so possibly she caught something from him or vice versa. :poop::cry::pup: Dirty lill bastards...

·
Administrator
5,636 Posts
Hey Luna-Blue

Sorry to hear your girl is under the weather so to speak. Like the poor girl didn't go through enough being spayed. Wish her a quick recovery. Just thinking, could it be an allergic reaction to any of the meds she had during or post surgery?

Joe

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Luna-Blue

Sorry to hear your girl is under the weather so to speak. Like the poor girl didn't go through enough being spayed. Wish her a quick recovery. Just thinking, could it be an allergic reaction to any of the meds she had during or post surgery?

Joe
Hey thanks Joe! How is Chi-town treating you?! Man do I miss the north side of the city (in the summer of course :p)

It is very possible she reacted to the meds given by the clinic but I actually did not give her any of the meds after we got home as she was not in much pain at all post-op. All 4 pills are sitting in my cabinet still. She's doing better today but ya, still has a runny nose etc :poop::cry:

·
Administrator
5,636 Posts
Hey thanks Joe! How is Chi-town treating you?! Man do I miss the north side of the city (in the summer of course :p)
QUOTE]

The city is buzzing over the Hawks. Typing this while waiting for the third period to start in game one against the Bruins. It is finally Summer here now and I don't have to tell you how there isn't a better city then Chicago in the Summer.

Hope Luna feels better soon.

Joe

·
Banned
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE]

The city is buzzing over the Hawks. Typing this while waiting for the third period to start in game one against the Bruins. It is finally Summer here now and I don't have to tell you how there isn't a better city then Chicago in the Summer.

Hope Luna feels better soon.

Joe
Yep! I'm watching it now. Pretty good physical game. GO HAWKS! Love when the stadium goes APE SHIT every check and goal we score :cheers: Cheers to this 3rd period!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.