Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share a PM that I received from luv4pitbullss. It takes a mature person to apologize and I think it shows that she want to stick around GP and learn.

Sorry for being so rude and disrespectful about your dog. Just wanted to tell you im sorry! Enjoy the rest of the day :roll:
Thought I'd share a PM that I received this morning from luv4pitbullss. It takes a mature person to apologize and I think it shows that she wants to stick around GP and learn. I did not post this as a hahaha I got an apology I'm posting this in hope we can all start over with a clean slate. To me this is the type of person that this forum and its members can really help. Let see how it goes. Below is a PM that I sent her this morning.

I truly appreciate that. It takes a big person to apologize and that goes a long way in my book. Look, this is probably one of the best Pit Bull forums on the net. People here have very strong opinions and personalities, but they only want what's best for this breed. You're exactly the type of person I like to see join GP. You're young, you have a passion for this wonderful breed, you want to learn more about the breed and you've made a mistake. I hope you stick around and learn as much as possible. I've owned APBT since 1982 and I'm still learning new things about these dogs and how to care for them. Let's start with a clean slate. You and I are all good. I think it would go a long way for you on GP to come clean with everyone on your dogs pregnancy. What's done is done and there's nothing anyone can do about that, but you need to be honest with the members of this forum about who breed the dog, their papers or lack of and what you're going to moving forward. I understand a little white lie can run out of control and get out of hand. I hope you stick around GP and I hope your bitch's pregnancy goes well.
Cheers,
EF

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Nice Doug!Let's hope she does stick around and gain some knowledge.
She does need to understand that some of the people here are kinda harsh,but that's because of how passionate they are for the breed.Alot of people hate trying to help someone learn something only to have it blow up in their face or have the person not take the advice to heart.Which is what I think went wrong with some of her threads.
Shit nobody here is perfect as far as these dogs are concerned.I'm far from perfect.I myself have had a oops litter.It's the moving past it and learning as much from it that you can.
I hope she does.
If she sticks around and truely tries I will try my hardest to make sure she doesn't get picked on for her past mistakes and she's able to learn.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Wow! At first I was like uh oh....round 2 lol! That was very big of her to apologize! They say that saying "sorry" is a hard thing for alot of people to do. Personally I have no issues apologizing when I'm wrong. I tried sticking up for her at one point because she is just a kid and apart of me felt bad for the whooping she was taking from everyone. My mom way of thinking kicked in and I felt for her. I hope she does stick around and that they truly will spay the mom after this litter. Luvforpitbulls, maybe by what you learn here you can take that education and forward it to your mom ;) I think that if my daughter came to me and wanted to talk about something serious such as animal responsibility I would gladly listen to what she has to say. Best of luck to you and your momma dog :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
It is great to apologize to you, since her comments were so wrong. But I am not sure about clean slate. To me, that means you admit your wrongs and start from scratch. If she would just admit to lying about her dogs history (or prove it to shut us up) or say yeah I effed up and would love to learn instead of posting YAY YAY HAPPY PUPPY threads!! She knows how 99% of us feel about her breeding. To me being a liar kinda trump apologies. You can't say sorry but yet continue to lie (or just admit you made a mistake) about other things and expect forgiveness. It is a step in the right direction, I just wish should would come clean and move on from there...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ill come clean, her mom and dad had papers but she didnt come with papers cause they didnt get the puppies registered. I found her on a website, she was from a litter of 13 the family that had them was about to move out there house and wasnt sellin them for much and had to get rid of them ASAP so i went 2 hours away to pick her up so she could have a GOOD home. They told me i could still go to the vet and get papers and i plan on doin that so i can get her puppies registerd if i still can. And about the male he does have papers i promise i cant tell you the exact things yall wanna know cause he is my friends dog. But i have kept my word on getting her fixed and all her puppies before they leave. Yes she has been to the vet and had a xray she is having 8 pups i am keeping 2 and the other 6 already has homes there all going to a family member so i know they wont let me down and they will good homes. im REALLY SORRY for lying but if i told yall the truth i know i would have got dogged alot more. Im glad i got this off my chest and you all know the truth. And i want to learn if you all are still willing to teach me.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Ill come clean, her mom and dad had papers but she didnt come with papers cause they didnt get the puppies registered. I found her on a website, she was from a litter of 13 the family that had them was about to move out there house and wasnt sellin them for much and had to get rid of them ASAP so i went 2 hours away to pick her up so she could have a GOOD home. They told me i could still go to the vet and get papers and i plan on doin that so i can get her puppies registerd if i still can. And about the male he does have papers i promise i cant tell you the exact things yall wanna know cause he is my friends dog. But i have kept my word on getting her fixed and all her puppies before they leave. Yes she has been to the vet and had a xray she is having 8 pups i am keeping 2 and the other 6 already has homes there all going to a family member so i know they wont let me down and they will good homes. im REALLY SORRY for lying but if i told yall the truth i know i would have got dogged alot more. Im glad i got this off my chest and you all know the truth. And i want to learn if you all are still willing to teach me.
:clap:

Wow! This chick has a thick skin!

So now more truth.....did you really breed her or your mom seeing as how you said YOUR friend has the male? Also, you can't go to a vet for papers you have to go through the registry the parents were registered at. Are they Adba or UKC.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
good job on comming clean. Glad to see you have stuck around. On te other note Im sorry but the breeder you bought from sold you some lies as well. You can not go to the vet to get papers. The only way to do it is if they had registered the litter, you need proof of pedigree , parents, ect . So she is paperless forever. Glad you are doing right by all the pups and getting them fixed. I think some of the shelters offer low cost spay neuter maybe look into it if you need to , thats alot of dogs getting fixed and may cost you a bit.
Hope you learn alot here, everyone makes mistakes at some point , if they say they dont they are living in rainbow land. Its how you learn from it that makes you better.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I did. The dog i breeded her with was an exsperienced dog and has bred with other pits. I did have to come across this with my parent since it was there home and it would be alot of puppies in the basement

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I did. The dog i breeded her with was an exsperienced dog and has bred with other pits. I did have to come across this with my parent since it was there home and it would be alot of puppies in the basement
Experienced in what? Making babies lol! What do you mean by that? I doubt someone who owns a show dog or titled in a sport will just let there dog breed to just any old bitch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So i have a question, i still keep in contact with the owners i got her from, if i go back to where i got her from and have them meet me at the vet with her parents and the papers can i get her registered that way?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Ok but get ahold of the guy your friend who owns the male, and get his registration number or the dogs registered name and wht registry. Then post that up. We will ha e one side for the litter.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
All you need is the registered numbers of the parents and what registry they are going through adba. Ect. Then go from there.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
So i have a question, i still keep in contact with the owners i got her from, if i go back to where i got her from and have them meet me at the vet with her parents and the papers can i get her registered that way?
You would have to get the breeder to register the litter, its the only way you can get papers. Even if you have there registered name and numbers you cant actually get papers for your girl without the breeders signature. So need them to do that. To register a litter its only like $20-$25 . If you get the parents registered name and numbers and maybe some other names off the pedigree we can tell you what you have bloodline wise.

·
Registered
241 Posts
With breeding. Hes not my age if yall are wondering hes 26 didnt want you all to think oh gosh another young unexsperience breeder. Hes the 1 that drove me up there to get her so he knows about the parents being registered and her not, thats the only reason he agreed to do it. Hope this explains everything to you all. Havent talk to the guy since i breeded her he told me he would cone around when there born i really hope so :( ive been left to doing this on my own its all new to me and thats the real reason why ive been asking questions on here

·
Registered
241 Posts
I already got the spaying and neuter tooking care of. We have a place down here for pitbulls and if there under 50 pounds its no cost. So im just gonna have to pay for the momma. So not to bad

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
With breeding. Hes not my age if yall are wondering hes 26 didnt want you all to think oh gosh another young unexsperience breeder. Hes the 1 that drove me up there to get her so he knows about the parents being registered and her not, thats the only reason he agreed to do it. Hope this explains everything to you all. Havent talk to the guy since i breeded her he told me he would cone around when there born i really hope so :( ive been left to doing this on my own its all new to me and thats the real reason why ive been asking questions on here
So does your mom have any real experience at all with breeding? I hope your girl doesn't have any serious issues while in labor and you have a vet on call if need be. Is your friend taking any pups? Do you have a nice quiet place and whelping box for her to give birth in? And are you ready to deal with three bulldogs who will eventually show DA at some point? Just because they will all be related doesn't mean they will all get along. Are you prepared for crating and rotating?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Im really really nervous cause the time is almost here for her

·
Registered
241 Posts
No she dont wish she did i wouldnt be so worried! Im prepared for everything just really nervous since its my first time. I admit i made a huge mistake but im learning from it and will NOT do it again for sure

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Im really really nervous cause the time is almost here for her
Well I can understand that but I don't breed dogs so hopefully some of the more experienced breeders will help you through it. What state do you live in?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts