Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is my first time making a break stick but I attempted to do it with a hammar handle made of hickory. I only have this one crappy pic but would love to know if you think it looks like it could get the job done. thanks guys!

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been told the plastic ones will snap easy and the hammar handles were the way to go lol. I guess either way you lose in a way.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to get some better pics right now. Also I used a bench grinder so everything is nice and smooth.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ya was gonna say the same thing , sanding /grinding it down would help with the splinter issue. I have heard lots of people using wooden ones and one of the ADBA guys showed me the ones he made and it was out of wood as well he just used a belt sander? I think he said and sanded it all down was nice and smooth. Good job D :)

·
Banned
98 Posts
It would get the job done in a pinch. :) Get some 80 grit paper and go to work sanding that thing. You can shape it up sanding by hand, just takes a little longer :)

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on taking some sand paper to it too once I get home to clean it up nice. I am at my moms where all the tools are so if everybody thinks it looks good then great if not I can fix it.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would get the job done in a pinch. :) Get some 80 grit paper and go to work sanding that thing. You can shape it up sanding by hand, just takes a little longer :)
awesome, thank you boogie. guess with a little sanding I can call it a job well done :woof:

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I was going to say the same thing Boogie said. Just sand it down...
Good job

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
if you got a belt sander and some one to hold it for you it would make it alot easier

·
Registered
776 Posts
just use a plastic tent stake as seen here ! unless your also worried about vampires!

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay I cleaned it up so now there is no more vampire hunting going on lol. check it out, what do you think now? let me know if you think it could be improved.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am going to shape the point more so it fits in the mouth real good and after I get it shaped just right I plan on putting some grip tape on it. I will post up more pics when I think I have it shaped right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would rather use plastic from an old broom. it doesn't need that much to do, but make sure you use the harder plastic ones.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright shaped the point now all that is left is the hole for the strap and some grip tape

1 - 20 of 25 Posts