Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to go to home depot to to get everything i need for a spring pole,beside a spring what else do i need to pick up

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hmmmm rope and depends on if you are putting it in a tree or not lol. Again I am not on my computer to share pics of what mine looked like. Darnit, good luck maybe someone else can help you :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i looked on youtube at some and they didnt look safe. the dos where hanging in the air. i though the rear legs should be on the ground at all times

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
yep depending on the dog it can be hanging off the ground, but the back paws should touch the ground. Hmmmm let me see if I have a video of one of mine on the ones I had in my old back yard.

This is atxwheelers dog Krusher and my exes white dog Orion -

one has a garage door spring on it the other a spring from Home Depot, the garage door spring is your best bet. That's the one Krusher is on. About a 4 to 5 foot piece of rope and some clamps, not sure what they are called but you can get it all at home depot, it just holds the rope in place at the tree limb and where the rope connects to the spring :D

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Okay pics are huge but this is what I use. I rope it up (I dont use chain) got a garage door spring and C clips then more rope and the toy. Mine is simple but it works for me, easy to set up and take down.

(of course he had to play with it since I was trying to take pics lol)

Flying dog lol

lots of distance between the toy and the spring, also a good shot of the C clip

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
and my set up is about the same, just not wrapped around the knot on the tree. Nice D :D

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Spring Pole, ?? all kinds of variable ways to hang a limb line... JK.. LOL 10 yrs ago I've always just used a rope from a limb for my alaskan huskies, and wolf dogs then I got Hooch. R.I.P. .. seen how usefull it was. Put a heavy duty eye screw in the bottom of the limb and use the best quality bungie cord for repelling and bungie jumping and hang a rope or chew from that; or use a garage spring like the pics demonstrated..

GREAT EXAMPLES ALL YA'LL :clap: :goodpost:'s

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
and my set up is about the same, just not wrapped around the knot on the tree. Nice D :D
that tree was too convenient I had to do it lol. Makes it simple to take down or put away if I need to. C clips make it easy to switch out the toy too.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
yep I had the c clips and mine were easy to take down as well, but I do like the way you have that done :D

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
yep I had the c clips and mine were easy to take down as well, but I do like the way you have that done :D
took lots of experimenting and trying out different methods until I got it right. The only thing I might do different with mine is raise the spring and extend the rope that the toy hangs from. If you look at the pics close there are two other detachable toy set ups one hanging from side of the tree and the other on the deck that we have yet to install lol

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
I love the way crush is working that spring pole lol he seems so excited about it lol

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Krusher loves the springpole, Mike has to use his breakstick to get him off of the flirtpole :p And I didnotice the other toys ;)

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Krusher loves the springpole, Mike has to use his breakstick to get him off of the flirtpole :p And I didnotice the other toys ;)
lol I cant get my dog off his flirt pole either he loves that thing I have to hide it or else he wont concentrate on anything else.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol that's a good thing but the concentration is a good thing as well, hey edit your post no curse words silly girl :p

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hahah just didn't want ya to get in trouble :p Hugs

1 - 20 of 25 Posts