Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if anyone had some good ideas about making my pitbull bigger naturally.... I over heard a conversation and this guy said he feeds hes pitbull raw meat and it makes him real big? Is this a fact or a myth? And Is this healthy for the dog???

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Myth. Genetics will determine how big a dog gets. Feed a good quality diet and regular excercise and let the growth process develop naturally ;)

I've also heard that feeding raw meat to a dog makes them mean and blood thirsty.....That is a myth as well LOL! People can talk some crazy ish :D

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
What do you mean bigger? APBT's are not big dogs but they can have muscle tone. Your dog is limited by his genetics by you can have a dog in good shape. Red meat has nothing to do with size so don't listen to someone who says that. Feeding a raw diet can make a really nice in shape dog but so can feeding kibble.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
So I was wondering if anyone had some good ideas about making my pitbull bigger naturally.... I over heard a conversation and this guy said he feeds hes pitbull raw meat and it makes him real big? Is this a fact or a myth? And Is this healthy for the dog???
define bigger...

raw food is acceptable dogs are ment to eat raw meat up until like the 40's-50's when commercial dog food started really taking off its what they where fed. we have a sub forum in the health and nutrition section about raw feeding.

id just look around the health and nutrition section plenty of info

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Myth. Genetics will determine how big a dog gets. Feed a good quality diet and regular excercise and let the growth process develop naturally ;)

I've also heard that feeding raw meat to a dog makes them mean and blood thirsty.....That is a myth as well LOL! People can talk some crazy ish :D
Oh ok thank you!

What do you mean bigger? APBT's are not big dogs but they can have muscle tone. Your dog is limited by his genetics by you can have a dog in good shape. Red meat has nothing to do with size so don't listen to someone who says that. Feeding a raw diet can make a really nice in shape dog but so can feeding kibble.
Thanks I appreciate it!!

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
A dog is only going to get as big as its made to be genetics wise. Alot of poeple get big confused with fat.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
"How to make my pitbull bigger.."
This seems to be a kinda popular interest ive seen in my short time here,

Stone said it best .. Define "bigger"

The diet of the dog, raw or not, will affect the dogs appearance but working your dog, much as you would work out your own body, will build muscle naturally, like you.. so go for longer walks, start at a mile and move towards 8 miles.. get fit yourself, because to get your dog bigger you either exercise or spend a bunch of money on unhealthy suppliments to "bulk" your dog..

my 2 cents :)

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
I wish there was a way to make my apbt smaller :D

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
You are limited by genetics. All the food and excercise will just put your dog in better condition. Work the dog and enjoy the dog.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Like everyone else has said, work him out a lot to get into better shape, but genetics does play a big role... Some dogs come out naturally buff with no workouts and just a regular walk everyday.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How big is the dog currently? What is it's age? How big are you expecting it to be?
Ummmm hes 3 1/2 months.... weighed in at 31 lbs at the vet today. And the vet is guessing he will be about 80 lbs? hes very solid, i just dont want him to lose any of it. hes actually quite big for how young he is right now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Like everyone else has said, work him out a lot to get into better shape, but genetics does play a big role... Some dogs come out naturally buff with no workouts and just a regular walk everyday.
hes so lazy right now though. I tey and take him for a walk but he will literally just stop and lay flat on his stomach in the middle of a walk! lol i dont know why he does that.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
he's probabaly short and stocky right?

try to get him to play tug of war good work out right there. also gotta make everything seem fun. if you want a kid to take a bath you try to make it seem like a fun thing right instead of just throwing the kid into the tub.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
If he's only 3 1/2 months right now then I wouldn't even worry about it yet.Just make sure he gets some kind of exercise (letting him run around and play should be good enough) and let you and him enjoy being a pup.If you try to make him do too much at a young age it can hurt his joints,bones,etc...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts