Go Pitbull Forums banner

Marley got a opossum

3K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  x-Marky-x 
#1 ·
I was out in the yard playing flirt pole with the boys and Marley ran off. I thought he was going to get a drink but he came running back with something in his mouth. I told him to drop it and bent down to see what it was, it looked like an old stuffed animal covered in dirt but when I got closer I noticed it was a opossum. The worst part was he ate the head. Ewwww so I had to grab robber gloves and throw it away. So so nasty.

#3 ·
Welcome to my world kg, I go through it a lot with Thor, ***** and possums are his delight, at night, during the day he loves squirrels. Thor has never chewed a head off though! Guess it'll never get ahead in life.

#4 ·
Mike called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that Brutus had killed a possum, but it turned out it was literally just playing possum and ran off when neither the dog or my hubby were looking. LMAO.

The good news is though, that possums cannot contract or carry rabies so you don't have to worry about your dogs getting it from getting bit by one.

#8 ·
Thor thinks they are chew toys.. He won't really start to crunch on them till you come close, then you can hear everything breaking, then I feel bad.. lmao

#11 ·
We have tons of wild animals around here and they had a nest under the house last year so I sure he caught it. Ewww so gross!!! We always get field mice in the yard too. I actually saw a coyote a few blocks from the park this morning.

#12 ·
Lol thats awesome Doms brings home porcupines all the time I have to pull quills out of her mouth and she's just a sissy for a big rotti lol we don't have possums here or ***** but the porcupines are mean frickers I don't know how she gets them at all!

#13 ·
EWWWWWWW!!! I am ssssoooo glad My yard doesn't contain odd critters. LOL! the most that drops by are birds once in a blue moon. and before I let any of the girls out I check the yard (you never know if a bird is poisened and may land in the yard or some fool chucking over laced food)

#15 ·
geez, makes things so much more work. -.-
they like to throw beer bottles, cans, FOOD (limes, toast ect) over the wall and I am out there cleaning the Poop up! The landlord had suggested a few things and if it doesnt stop we will have to cops involved which will really make things worse!!!

it is really a lose lose situation where no matter what you do you're still gonna get poop for it. . . even more so after the cops. -.-

#26 ·
i know. i laughed at first cuz i thot it was a stupid mouse. thinkin our street was starting a collection of gross dead things. then i saw it was a lil baby n then i felt bad for laughin :( n then i thot about the mama n felt really bad. not like MY car was the one that caught either of em but yeah :( just sad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.