·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Are you from Lubbock??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd really think hard about it. Having two bully breed dogs is not easy. Are you okay with having to crate and rotate if they don't get along down the road? You might find these links helpful:
adopting a 2nd pit bull
crate and rotate
multidog home
Yes I am ready for this scenario. i own three crates for the 1 dog. Just because this is the 2nd dog we have fallen in love with we are not gonna bring home a new doggie without a successful intro. We are not too confident, because Pinkie was raised sorrounded by other dogs, but has shown to be DA with some females. WE would be less apprehensive if Yoda was male, but alas she isn't.

My fiancee is a little wooo, because tho she is animal loving: I am animal loved. She gives all her love to them, and they choose me over her every time. Don't get me wrong Pinkie loves to cuddle with fiancee, but I am Pinkies world, although they are together twice as much as I.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Two dogs, especially when there's a pretty good chance you'll have to crate and rotate, is a LOT of work. There were, and still are though they're fewer and far between, some days where I wonder what the heck me and the ex were thinking. Twice as much MONEY, twice as many toys, twice as many walks and play times and bathroom breaks and TIME TIME TIME. ESPECIALLY if you have to crate and rotate, which we don't thankfully.

·
Banned
835 Posts
'animal lovers' should look into other breeds of dogs, as they are
not the right kind of owners for fighting breeds. if you're
not into bloodsports than why bring it into your own living-room?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
'animal lovers' should look into other breeds of dogs, as they are
not the right kind of owners for fighting breeds. if you're
not into bloodsports than why bring it into your own living-room?
lmao- where the heck did that come from???

·
Banned
835 Posts
this are where a large percentage of our bad press comes from,... is the
misinformed general public that adopts these rescues to only be ultimately
setup for failure. working breeds should be owned by people who utilize
there heritage. there are over 140+ breeds of dogs to chose from, not including
your average mutt. why the pit bull? this to me is a rhetorical question as i know
the mindset better than the people who own these dogs. bottom line, nothing
good can come of it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
There are several people here padlock that own more than one of this breed... I should also add that not all of us use them for work... Not mention almost no one use them for what they were originally meant for which is bull baiting...

Why not the pit bull? These dogs where not only bred for their game and heart but also FOR their socialization skills with humans...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i myself have 2 petbulls for quite the same reason the OP was lookin for a second. my helper went to the wayside and i now have 2 very loyal shadows that thankfully love each other and share perfectly. not to say i can't split em up if a spat took place or wouldn't work thru the situation if it came to pass but i believe both rely on me and they are my responsibility. lmao. bloodbath in the living room. seriously now.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have to agree with Padlock too a certain extent, nearly ALL the bad press comes from people who just are not ready for the worst case scenario and how to really handle it.

Take into mind alot of people think they realy are ready for everything and then when the s*** goes down they realy have no idea what to do and how to even handle it.

But on the other hand youl never learn how to handle the situation unless it happens!

By what i can tell the reason behind you wanting a second isnt realy a good one either. Have you even taken into account that the knew one may just take to you more than your partner? Its just a natural selection and if thats the reasoning youl end up with ten dogs and they will all favour you.

·
Banned
835 Posts
there's plenty of time in the grand scheme of things
to make you a believer. get back to me when you
finally understand do to personal experience. and
as far as you separating the two by yourself,...
wishfull thinking. ;)

·
Registered
859 Posts
It can become a dangerous situation if the other dog has claimed u then how will the other dog react to the new one????????

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
there's plenty of time in the grand scheme of things
to make you a believer. get back to me when you
finally understand do to personal experience. and
as far as you separating the two by yourself,...
wishfull thinking. ;)
lol. wouldn't be the first time i broke up a pit spat before, just not between my own. don't judge the situation unless ur in it aye. if you would like to witness my work come on down. or up i suppose the case would likely be...

do you really believe no 2 pit type dogs can reside peaceably together??? you realize people do it all the time and have for years correct? knowing the breed and the tendencies and potential problems... lol. your all knowing-ness is comical.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I guess my problem is padlock continually says he knows these breeds better than anyone here... Um WRONG

OP: if your wife had to talk you into the first and you wan to get a second because she wants a dog at her feet constantly then it's the wrong reason...

You may end up with two Dogs that hate eachother r u willing to live with them separated for the rest of their lives? Would you regime one if that happened? If you answered yes do not get another pittie

1 - 20 of 58 Posts