Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 1/2 yr old APBT named Special. She was found as a puppy and kept in a basement until my family found her, she is loyal and even with all she's been through in her life she is extremely people friendly. She is ok with few dog breeds, mainly German Shepherds and other Pits. She hates small dogs and will bark and pull to try to chase them. i'm trying to get her to be more tolerable of other dogs so she wont seam so threatening. She's such a sweet dog and i'd like to show the world that.

I'm working further on her training, she was trained by my stepdad who passed away. he was a breeder of Pits, Rots, Dobermans and German Shepherds. Since he died she's gotten lazy, so i'm trying to get her back to a more obedient state.

As is said, dog is mans best friend, and she is definitely mine. she loves me and has never talked bad of me that i could understand. i take her everywhere with me that she wouldnt have to stay in the car alone for more than 5 minutes. we go out skateboarding around the neighborhood, i take her to the skate park, and exploring through thick woods.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)
Lots of stuff to read up on here, I would look into threads about socializing and DA { dog aggression} they really dont need doggy friends , Id work more on leash skills on how to pay attention to you and get past other dogs walking , rather then making her tolerant of other dogs. Working on leash manners and how to focus on you in situations would be better time spent IMO.
Would love to see pictures of your girl , any specific questions feel free to ask away there is always someone on to help you out :)

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you, and yes thats pretty much what i'm looking for, a way to keep her focus away, i'd like a bit of tolerance though. our house floods during the winter and sometimes when it rains for a few days and we end up evacuating the house and go to my aunts who has a Pug and Special goes into predator mode and we have to either leave her outside in the rain or lock the pug in a room which is unfair to both dogs.

I will definitely be putting up pics, just need to find the camera and take some. she's the most gorgeous dog i've seen. while i love Rot's they dont have much personality in looks, you see one you see them all, Pits looks are as diverse as their personalities.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hi and welcome. Special is indeed a special girl. I love her name and her colouring.

I would work on the "leave it" command. This is what I have taught Vendetta and it is worth the effort. She is good around most dogs but sometimes one will set her off a firm "leaveit" and she is focused back on me and away from the hatefull little thing that is trying to get her...lol.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's definitely an idea. try to make her see the other dog as an object that can be ignored.

the name was actually already given to her by the family who had her in the basement. they have a daughter named secret. we were going to rename her shadow because she followed my mom everywhere when she first came home, but we figured it wouldnt be right to make her relearn a name, and eventually we all grew on the name. But sometimes i call her little miss piggy, whenever she goes to eat something you give her she snorts when she smells it, she also does a decent amount of snoring and sounds like a pig doing so.
one of my favorite things is that she lets out small barks in her sleep, which i'm hoping that she's laying in a huge pile of bones and not being chased by a monster.

the first thing i noticed about her was her pattern, i absolutely love brindles but sometimes it overpowers the dogs looks, so to have the white with brindle pattern spots was a huge plus for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.