Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am new here. I have a 7 month old pit that has been a very sick pup. He has been to the vet 6 times. He is on pain meds and a variety of different antibotics. But the vet has no idea why he is sick. He has lost weight. wont eat unless I feed him people food out of my hands, wont drink unless he is drinking out of my hands. Vet assures me he is not dehydrated. He has not had any vomiting. Has had diarreha. He acts like his whole body hurts. Has been running a fever of 105. This is going on 3 weeks now and still after a battery of blood tests the vet doesnt know what is wrong. I am terrified that if it continues he wont make it. Anyone out there with these symptoms or any advise on how I can make him better?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that about you pup but I have no idea either have you tried a second vet just to get a second opinion?:angel:

·
Registered
100 Posts
what sw_df27 said

sw_df27 said:
I'm sorry to hear that about you pup but I have no idea either have you tried a second vet just to get a second opinion?:angel:
I agree, a sec vet is always the best option in this case, 1 vet may find sumthing the other vet didnt see, do you know if it has eatten any of the food that was recalled? or a treat maybe

·
Registered
175 Posts
If it's parvo the pup won't have much longer....I would definitely go into high drive to find out what's going on! I hope you find answers! :confused:

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Was your pup tested for lymes or the more comman Ehrlichiosis both are caused by a tick bite. In the ehrlichiosis the dog will have poor muscle cordination they hurt and really do not want to do anything but sleep. We have had three dogs get this it is easily treated with tetracycline. Mikado showed improvements after one day. I would see another vet also. Good luck with your pup and please keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts