Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just happened. My dog goes from the floor to couch getting ready to call it a day when my gf says that the dog is bleeding. I go over and she has this gash on her chest about a half inch long. Its thru the skin and down to the meat. This had to of happened outside when she was running through the tall grass and playing with 6ft long sticks. Its not bothering her at all and I got the bleeding to stop and cleaned her up. If that cut was on me I would throw a butterfly band aid on it and call it a day, but she's my baby and more concerned for her welfare. I dont want it to get infected, but not real sure it requires stitches. Any suggestions. I know you cant see it, so tough to say.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
If you had a skin stapler I would say put 2 staples but .5" is not that bad I would just clean it out with antiseptic and let it heal up. Should not be a problem if you keep it clean. If you have antibiotics you can start him on it but .5" should close. If you have a butterfly band aid I would throw that on but it may not stay with the hair. I would not worry too much about infection if you clean it for the next few days till it closes. I would not use peroxide go get some antiseptic at the pharmacy.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping that you would answer. I was thinking of putting some Neosporin on it. Its not bothering her, but she is also tough as nails. In fact she was in the house for an hr. before we even noticed it.

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
Like Lisa said, 1/2 inch isnt bad. clean and use some triple antibiotic ointment [neosporin]for a few days. you'll be good to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts