Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's a suspected pit mix(having genetic testing done in a couple weeks) I got her last July as a rescue, her estimated age now is 16-18 months. She was 35lbs and is up to 52 now and nothing but muscle.

She is well socialized and a very sweet dog with a ton of energy, I ordered a pulling harness beginner kit and plan to give her a shot and see if she enjoys herself. :pup: I may eventually take her to a pulling comp if she likes it, but my priority will be mainly making sure we both have a good time. :woof:

Pics:

Her playing with my sister's HRCH 90+lb black lab(they're great friends and playmates)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
She's cute :) Welcome to the forum! I hear those DNA tests are a waste of money but that's up to you to pursue it ;) Her ears look a little long...I've seen some rhodeshian ridgeback/pit mixes that look like her but I've also seen some papered pits with longer ears to so who knows :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I've had several people comment before that she looks like she might have some ridgeback in her... could be, her muzzle is a trifle long from what I've seen of pure blood pits. But the one thing everyone agrees on when they see her is there has to be a good bit of pit on the mix! She certainly has that pit build in the body.

She has one heck of a prey drive as well...she see birds/squirrels and she takes off like a shot haha. I live out in the country and she's in heaven running from one side of the yard to the other, chasing any unlucky enough to get in her line of sight.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum :) Id skip on the DNA genetic test and save your money. seen many pure bred dogs come back as mixes and breeds not even close to what they were. Its only used accuratley for determining parentage is who the breeder claims they are. If you got her as a rescue you wont be able to do that , just love her as a mix or pet she is cute. Both are looking good :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts