Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told to join here from another forum so decided why not.

As it is:

Bonjour, my bully friends.

My name is Darien and I have one bully dog; everyone calls him BoneMan's BearTrap or Snaps. He is a big boy as he is a hog dog, though getting a vest for him to fit properly like pulling teeth, as that's the only way I could figure of putting his dogged determination to use rather than encouraging dog / human aggression by not giving him something to "butt heads" with.

He is NOT dog aggressive as I had him since birth as he was abandoned by his mother [not my breeding, neighbour dog]. My lurcher bitch [Wolfhound x Collie] GingerSnaps [hence his call name] nursed him with her own pups though she herself has long since passed on. I usually use hounds so he is actually my only bully.

My neighbour left me no pedigree though the parents were said to be ADBA registered and I don't care. This guy has been trampled on by a 350lb hog when a novice hound backed down and gave an opening... bad scratches no broken bones... only to pick himself up and keep on going.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and welcome! :) He's a BIG boy! Where are you from?? How old is Snaps?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Welcome! Big boy! He is handsome for sure! Very regal. Glad he was OK after the hog! What other breeds of hounds do you use for hunting?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D .. he's a big handsome boy!

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
To how big is he? 25 inches @ shoulder, 115-120 lbs as in that photo. He's 4 years, intact but well behaved around the girls [don't really give him time to think on breeding].

To where do I live? "Bayou" country.

Hounds used? Ridgeback x Plott mixes and a few pure Black Mouths. Included some lurchers [Borzoi x Collie]; what I use depends on what I'm after [Snaps does bear, hog, and cat]. Neighbours use pit mixes and other bully types. One even had a Dogo.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Wow very big boy, makes our big boy seem small lol. Welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
HE is a big handsome boy.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
probably mixed w/ american bulldog... he's a whopper! very handsome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts