Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some not all. They are all used for hunting.

Snaps; 4 years old. 25 inches at shoulder, 115-120 lbs [hog, bear, & cat dog]

GingerSnaps [on bed, the monster's adoptive mother] and Maxius ["litter mate"]. Ginger was blinded by a cat [puma] and yet stayed with the others in the pack, didn't realize til after what damage had been done

Bennie, Ridgeback mix

Boo [2 1/2], plott x pit not my intention but a neighbor's hand me down

The twins, Moe
and Mary

And finally Wolfie, just a good old hound

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
good looking pack! Got any hunting pics?

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I do. But as some people don't see hunting [with or without dogs] as humane I'd rather feel out the board and consider it beforehand.
Lol I hear ya man! There are a select few of us that can appreciate a dog with a purpose ;)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Nice looking pack! Sorry about Ginger.....I personally love seeing a dog do a job! See if you can request access to the working dog section and post up hunting pics in their. Its usually by invite or request only ;)

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I agree see if u can get in working dogs I know a lot of people would appreciate seeing your pups work. poor ginger. Does she miss going out now?

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
poor ginger. Does she miss going out now?
Ginger, unfortunately, died after the hunt. We could never figure out if she had tripped and bashed herself up during the run or it was the shock and her old age [8 going on 9] but she died in the back of my friend's SUV on the way to the vet's. She was pretty beat up, the eyes gone and a gouge to the shoulder that went into the leg itself, and an ear ripped off... cause she's a lurcher she gets there faster than the rest of the pack [used her on the concept spooking the prey out of hiding or into a confrontation and then the rest of the pack comes down on it]... which is why it gets my blood going when people say only pits / pit types have "game" [a hound with heart would match a pit anyday].

It's been 2 years and I miss her terribly. Given as her son(s) - three - are nothing like her. Maxius in the photo with her is closest in looks Wolfhound [x2, father was a wolfhound mix] x Collie but nothing like her in personality... he doesn't hunt at all.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Good looking crew you got there.. I'd love to see some hunting pics too.. send reddog a pm about the working dog section ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Great pictures, would also love to see some working pictures of them out hunting :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts